Material ConneXion is the leading materials-driven design authority. We define the “what’s new and what’s next” in materials, and incubate new ideas, so you can make smarter design decisions. Our international team of material scientists creates original, globally relevant content, and decodes industry trends and material advancements to provide an authoritative view on the innovations that will future-proof your business.
We believe that Every Idea Has a Material Solution.
The Account Executive is responsible for taking the lead in the development of new business opportunities that support MCX’s growth strategy. The role will suit someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, strong organizational and communication skills, passion for consultative sales and a proven track record of success.
- Develop a business plan for assigned territory or industry vertical, identifying key players and implementing strategy to bring new clients on board.
- Liaise with Marketing, Client Services, Advisory and Research teams to gain a forensic understanding of MCX’s products and services.
- Operate a solution sales approach to development areas a b2b client may have and develop proposals to best position MCX as a solution to these issues.
- Autonomously manage end to end process of sales cycle from researching leads to closing deals with proven ability to multi-task across managing multiple clients at different points of the sales process.
- Operate a ‘volume’ approach to sales as well as cultivate longer term ‘C’ level relationships to extend client relationship into advisory services new business.
- Be a CRM ‘master’, recording all activity in Salesforce.
- Bachelor’s degree design or creative discipline preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years b2b sales experience (preferably selling into b2b companies and agencies) ideally gained in subscription-based services, creative or design related industries.
- A resilient influencer, negotiator, and experienced solution-seller who can work under pressure and thrives on meeting deadlines and exceeding targets.
- A results-oriented, commercially savvy and natural problem solver – key to fully understanding and articulating the Material ConneXion offering.
SANDOW was founded by visionary entrepreneur, Adam Sandow, in 2003 with the goal of building a truly innovative media company that would reinvent the traditional publishing model. Today, SANDOW is a fully integrated solutions platform powering innovation for the design and luxury industries. Its diverse portfolio of design media and technology companies include Interior Design, Luxe Interiors + Design, Metropolis, Galerie, and NewBeauty. Materials Innovation brands include global materials consultancy, Material ConneXion, and game-changing material sampling, logistics and sustainability platform, Material Bank. SANDOW brands also include a research and strategy firm, ThinkLab. In 2019, SANDOW was selected by the New York Economic Development Corporation to become the official operator of NYCxDESIGN, beginning in 2020.