At SANDOW, we know the key to being the best is to hire the best. We are looking for passionate, driven, committed talent to deliver exceptional performance.
Working for innovative, groundbreaking brands in an entrepreneurial environment requires a do-what-it-takes mentality to get the job done. At SANDOW, there is always opportunity to shine and, in return, we reward stellar employees with competitive compensation, attractive perks, and the ability to take on new challenges - even if it is outside your wheelhouse. If you have got the chops, we'll take notice and provide the pathway to grow your career faster than you ever imagined possible.
Want to join us? Keep reading.
Material Bank is a disruptive new technology and logistics business unit within SANDOW that is quickly changing the way architects and designers search, sample, and specify materials. Using the platform, designers can perform complex searches across hundreds of material manufacturers in seconds. Any sample from virtually any manufacturer can be ordered by midnight and delivered on a designer’s desk, all in a single box, the next morning!
If being a part of building a game changing, new business within an established parent company excites you, take a look at what Material Bank has to offer.
We’re looking for a sales rep that doesn’t have to sell, because the product we are offering is free to end users! Our goal is for our reps to build out a territory of loyal users (material specifiers such as interior designers, architects, developers, facility managers, and procurement officers) for our ground-breaking tool. This person will be an individual contributor and will build upon your existing relationships with designers and forge new relationships with users. They will continue to build upon these relationships by performing regular events, hosting dinners or lunches, and training sessions to keep our client base engaged as we roll out new features and new material manufacturer partners. Candidate MUST possess a very positive attitude and the ability to present, sell, and speak about interior design, materials, finishes.
Candidates must have the following abilities:
- A strong working knowledge of residential and/or commercial architecture and design
- Deep local contacts within the architecture and design community
- The ability to naturally light up a room when presenting
- The ability to excite and hold an architect or designer’s attention
- Build and self-manage their territory, constantly bringing in new designers to use our no-fee tool while maintaining relationships with existing users and encouraging further use
- Ability to achieve and take accountability for individual user adoption goals
- Conduct one-on-one onboarding sessions, facilitate small group meetings and host large group events to get in front of as many design specifiers as possible
- Personally meet every potential customer within the territory and record relevant information in Salesforce or other sales CRM
- Approach onboarding from an individual, team-wide, and firm-wide perspective, getting in front of the right audiences for each pitch
- Craft and modify sales pitch to find the perfect message, and communicate successful messaging with other Material Bank departments and peers in different regions
- Create a stronger brand by taking customer feedback and providing it to the U/I team in order to improve the customer experience and ensure revisiting the platform becomes their priority
- Ability to strategically approach prospective and current clients using different communication channels to reach the maximum volume of interested customers
- Work with customer acquisition and retention marketing teams to coordinate promotions, events, and messaging
- Follow up with both existing clients and prospective clients to acquire and retain customers
- Attend regular trainings with our materials librarian(s) to learn more about the items we offer on our site and better answer questions posed by our customers
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Interior Design, Marketing, or Business
- 3-5 years of experience selling to the interior design and/or architecture industry
- Proficient in Salesforce and/or other sales CRM
- SaaS sales experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- High attention to detail and ability to work in a fast paced, demanding start-up environment
- Self-starter and able to work well with individuals at all levels and across functions
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel frequently
At SANDOW, we push the boundaries of creativity every day. Our mission is to build smart businesses driven by innovation and designers that deliver powerful products, services and experiences to a highly selective audience. Our brands cater to everyone from the country's most affluent individuals to beauty and fashion enthusiasts, from design experts to design devotees.
Whether it's our beautifully produced magazines, our industry events and conferences or our materials library and consulting services, SANDOW informs, inspires and engages discerning consumers and businesses in design, beauty, fashion and luxury.