We seek a creative and self-starting Assistant Editor who is passionate about the art and design industries to support the digital editorial team at Galerie Magazine. This position will report to the Digital Director.
- Generate ideas for stories and write multiple daily stories for the website from short news posts to longer features
- Must have excellent writing and reporting skills
- Help edit stories written by assistant editors
- Must be well versed in current news and trends in the art and design worlds and be able to work on tight deadlines
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and manage time efficiently
- Help create weekly analytics reports; some experience with analytics tools a plus
- Assist in running Galerie's social feeds and ideating social posts for Instagram
- Must work well in a small-team environment
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a writer or editor and knowledge of the contemporary art and design worlds
- Candidates must have a BA in Art History or related field
- Outstanding organizational, time-management, and teamwork skills, and the ability to keep projects on deadline are essential
Launched in 2016 by Hudson Publishing LLC, Galerie magazine is a quarterly publication that engages readers who have a passion for art and design. Its distinctive coverage informs and inspires—delivering the finest in art, interiors, and architecture, plus compelling creative talents and fascinating destinations. Galerie is available at Hudson News locations around the world, as well as select newsstands, private aviation terminals, and premier art and design events. Galerie inspires readers to LIVE ARTFULLY.