Interior Design Media is recognized as the most trusted resource for design professionals, decision makers, and design enthusiasts. With powerful print, digital, awards, and events platforms, Interior Design covers the most innovative projects, products, and trends in the A+D industry – engaging a global audience of over 7M. More than a traditional media company, Interior Design connects the industry, promotes creative leadership, inspires innovation, and fosters collaboration.
The Assistant to the Editor In Chief is responsible for providing high-level administrative support to the Editor In Chief, as well as providing support for the editorial staff at large. Searching for a Design Junkie who wants to LEARN! A very hands on job with no two days that seem alike, we are looking for a creative addition to our editorial team who can work under pressure and handle tight deadlines. The Assistant will report into the Editor in Chief and will communicate with her on a regular basis regarding day-to-day priorities.
- Calendar management including coordinating and supporting all internal and external meetings. Strategizing EIC’s schedule and time, making judgement calls on prioritizing multiple needs as they relate to the EIC, and solving potential issues
- Serve as a liaison for the EIC office and design industry. Develop relationships with designers, publicists and manufacturers; work to create a schedule that effectively caters to the EIC's time in the office as well as dealing with clients and designers
- Help think and talk through workplace flow and dynamics as someone with a bird’s eye view of the brand
- Have a deep understanding of, coordinate and project manage all EIC and editor-involved brand events; work collaboratively with the event team and attend weekly editor event meeting
- Respond to emails and calls for the EIC, taking accurate and timely notes to assist the follow-up process
- Manage schedules, communications and expenses
- Book all aspects of travel
- Taking notes in meetings as needed
- Manage and maintain editorial key contacts database
- Enthusiastic about the Interior Design brand
- College degree required
- 1-2 years of experience in design-related or assistant/secretarial role preferred but not required
- Highly motivated, positive, professional, friendly, and team-oriented attitude
- Strategic thinker
- Excellent communication, time management and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills; self-starter with a high degree of motivation
- Self-directed with flexibility to effectively manage multiple projects at a time
- Ability to anticipate needs and have extreme follow-through
- Operates with high accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Good common sense and impeccable discretion regarding sensitive matters
At SANDOW, we push the boundaries of creativity every day. Our mission is to build smart businesses—driven by innovation and design—that deliver powerful products, services and experiences to a highly selective audience. Our brands cater to everyone from the country’s most affluent individuals to beauty and fashion enthusiasts, from design experts to design devotees.
Whether it’s our beautifully produced magazines, our industry events and conferences or our materials library and consulting services, SANDOW informs, inspires and engages discerning consumers and businesses in design, beauty, fashion and luxury.