LUXE INTERIORS + DESIGN: Published bi-monthly by SANDOW, a leader in innovation and design, Luxe Interiors + Design is a high-end residential design and architecture magazine, and the uncompromised source for those with a passion for creating beautiful surroundings and living well. It leads readers to discover and acquire local and national resources for design, architecture and renovation. Curated for the affluent, sophisticated homeowner, Luxe Interiors + Design is the only luxury publication that offers access to the local design and architecture scene, while also covering national design news and trends. With a total distribution of 515,000 copies comprised of dedicated editions in top markets nationwide, Luxe Interiors + Design has established itself as the largest and fastest growing network of luxury home magazines in the U.S.
The Assistant to the Editor-in-Chief is responsible for providing high-level administrative support to the Editor In Chief, as well as providing support for the editorial staff at large.
The Assistant to the Editor in Chief will report into the Editor in Chief and will communicate with her on a regular basis regarding day-to-day priorities.
Provide administrative support to the Editor in Chief including:
- Calendar management including coordinating and supporting all internal and external meetings. Strategizing EIC’s schedule and time, making judgement calls about how to prioritize everyone’s needs as they relate to the EIC, solving potential issues
- Help think and talk through workplace flow and dynamics (as someone with a bird’s eye view of the brand)
- Have a deep understanding of, coordinate and project manage all EIC and editor-involved brand events; work collaboratively with the event team and attend weekly editor event meeting
- Coordinate EIC presentations, including issue previews
- Manage internal “Editors in the Market” calendar
- Respond to emails/calls for Editor-in-Chief and take accurate and timely notes to assist the follow-up process.
- Manage schedules, communications and expenses
- Book all aspects of travel
- Manage and coordinate special editorial projects, (ie. RED Awards; GOLD List)
- Taking notes in meetings as needed
- Manage and maintain editorial key contacts database
Provide editorial support to the team including:
- Assist the managing editing team in producing content, proof reading, as directed
- Conduct interviews and write for the magazine, and website, as directed
- Other limited administrative duties, as needed
- Enthusiastic about the Luxe Interiors + Design brand
- Strategic thinker
- Excellent communication, time management and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational; self-starter with a high degree of motivation
- Self-directed, flexibility to effectively manage multiple projects at a time
- Ability to anticipate needs and have extreme follow-through
At SANDOW, we know the key to being the best is to hire the best. We’re looking for passionate, driven, committed talent to deliver exceptional performance.
Working for innovative, groundbreaking brands in an entrepreneurial environment requires a “do- what-it takes” mentality to get the job done. At SANDOW, there is always opportunity to shine, and in return, we reward stellar employees with competitive compensation, attractive perks, and the ability to take on new challenges - even if it’s outside your wheelhouse. If you’ve got the chops, we’ll take notice and provide the pathway to grow your career faster than you ever imagined possible.