Launched in 2016, Galerie blends the exciting worlds of art, culture, and design with a unique, authoritative point of view that inspires readers to live artfully every day. Every issue of the magazine delivers a brilliant mix of creative minds, sophisticated interiors, and enchanting travel destinations, as well as insider previews of the most influential art fairs and exhibitions around the globe, while daily updates and up-to-the minute coverage of these converging worlds can be found online at galeriemagazine.com. Published five times a year, Galerie’s engaging content is available by subscription and on newsstands, as well as at galeriemagazine.com and on Facebook and Instagram at @galeriemagazine.
We seek a creative, digitally savvy, self-starting Digital Editor who is passionate about the art and design industries to support Galerie’s digital editorial team. This position will report to the Head of Digital.
- Generate ideas for stories and write multiple daily stories for the website from short news posts to longer features
- Contribute to copywriting and account management across social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter)
- Assist with the management of publishing and distribution calendars
- Help produce regular analytics reports; experience with analytics tools such as Google Analytics a plus
- Edit stories written by editorial staff and freelancers
- Must be well versed in current news and trends in the art and design worlds and be able to work on tight deadlines
- Must have excellent writing and reporting skills
- Must have extremely strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask and manage time efficiently
- Must work well on a small team in a fast-paced environment
- 2-3 years of experience as a writer or editor and deep knowledge of the contemporary art and design worlds
- Candidates with a BA in Art History, Journalism, or related field preferred
- Outstanding organizational, time-management, and teamwork skills, and the ability to keep projects on deadline are essential
- This position is based in New York City
SANDOW was founded by visionary entrepreneur, Adam Sandow, in 2003 with the goal of building a truly innovative media company that would reinvent the traditional publishing model. Today, SANDOW is a fully integrated solutions platform powering innovation for the design and luxury industries. Its diverse portfolio of design media and technology companies include Interior Design, Luxe Interiors + Design, Metropolis, Galerie, and NewBeauty. Materials Innovation brands include global materials consultancy, Material ConneXion, and game-changing material sampling, logistics and sustainability platform, Material Bank. SANDOW brands also include a research and strategy firm, ThinkLab. In 2019, SANDOW was selected by the New York Economic Development Corporation to become the official operator of NYCxDESIGN, beginning in 2020.