Interior Design, recognized as the most trusted resource for the A&D community for over 86 years and a leader in industry research, is seeking a strong Business Development Manager to establish relationships with and provide research-led solutions to manufacturers, suppliers, and designers in the hospitality, health + wellness, and residential sectors. At a time when the world is moving at a faster pace than ever before, growth-driven industry partners increasingly crave more knowledge, insight and direction about evolving trends in key market segments.
The role will report into the President of ThinkLab, a new brand under the umbrella of Interior Design.
- Prospect and sell ‘ThinkLab’ services to design-industry clients such as manufacturers, and dealers, using industry research and/or intelligence
- Be constantly dialed-in to the design industry including trends, pain points, etc.
- Be an entrepreneurial thinker who is not afraid to dig in and get things done
- Present with a high degree of expertise and knowledge in order to sell research-based solutions
- Prospect new business opportunities for the division
- Deliver client presentations, proposals and/or recommendations
- Manage business deals from negotiation to close
- Participate in occasional speaking engagements
- Attend industry events
- Degree in either interior or industrial design
- Strong sales and marketing skills
- Excellent in client-facing situations, in addition to creative/strategic thinking
- Experience in Architecture & Design Firm or a Corporate Real Estate Firm setting is a significant plus
- Demonstrate strong client relationship management
- Work related travel will be required 40% of the time
At SANDOW, we push the boundaries of creativity every day. Our mission is to build smart businesses driven by innovation and designers that deliver powerful products, services and experiences to a highly selective audience. Our brands cater to everyone from the country's most affluent individuals to beauty and fashion enthusiasts, from design experts to design devotees.
Whether it's our beautifully produced magazines, our industry events and conferences or our materials library and consulting services, SANDOW informs, inspires and engages discerning consumers and businesses in design, beauty, fashion and luxury.