Material ConneXion is the leading materials-driven design authority. We define the “what’s new and what’s next” in materials, and incubate new ideas, so you can make smarter design decisions. Our international team of material scientists creates original, globally relevant content, and decodes industry trends and material advancements to provide an authoritative view on the innovations that will future-proof your business.
We believe that Every Idea Has a Material Solution.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for taking the lead in the development of new business opportunities that support MCX’s growth strategy. The role will suit someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, passion for sales and a proven track record of success.
- Develop a business plan for assigned territory or industry vertical, identifying key players and implementing strategy to bring new clients on board.
- Liaise with Marketing, Client Services, Advisory and Research teams to gain a forensic understanding of MCX’s products and services.
- Operate a solution sales approach to develop proposals to best position MCX as a solution to these issues.
- Autonomously manage end to end process of sales cycle from researching leads to closing deals with proven ability managing multiple clients at different points of the sales process.
- Operate a ‘volume’ approach to sales as well as cultivate longer term ‘C’ level relationships to extend client relationship into advisory services new business.
- Be a CRM ‘master’, recording all activity in Salesforce.
- Bachelor’s degree design or creative discipline preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years b2b sales experience (preferably selling into b2b companies and agencies) ideally gained in subscription-based services, creative or design related industries.
- A resilient influencer, negotiator, and experienced solution-seller who can work under pressure and thrives on meeting deadlines and exceeding targets.
- A results-oriented, commercially savvy and natural problem solver – key to fully understanding and articulating the Material ConneXion offering.
At SANDOW, we push the boundaries of creativity every day. Our mission is to build smart businesses driven by innovation and designers that deliver powerful products, services and experiences to a highly selective audience. Our brands cater to everyone from the country's most affluent individuals to beauty and fashion enthusiasts, from design experts to design devotees.
Whether it's our beautifully produced magazines, our industry events and conferences or our materials library and consulting services, SANDOW informs, inspires and engages discerning consumers and businesses in design, beauty, fashion and luxury.