Interior Design is the global, industry-leading design brand, website and events company serving the interior design, architectural and facility management audiences. For over 80 years, Interior Design magazine—published by SANDOW, which builds smart businesses driven by innovation and design—has been the essential design authority for every professional, on all projects, throughout the design process. Interior Design Events connects the industry, promoting creative leadership, innovation and collaboration across a wide range of practice areas and platforms. Interior Design’s digital companion, interiordesign.net, is the go-to site for relevant and real-time content for the industry's largest and most engaged design audience.
The Business Development Associate will help to grow the Interior Design client base by prospecting for new business, qualifying leads, handling outreach (primarily email and phone, but face-to-face as required), generating interest and closing deals. The Business Development Associate's primary focus will be on small-to mid-sized accounts, selling products and programs across Interior Design’s print, digital and events platforms. In addition to developing new accounts, the Business Development Associate will also “pinch hit” by selling products and services to clients who may be assigned to and fall under the management of a Regional Sales Director. In these instances, a team approach to sales and client management will be required.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, quick learner, and have a confident and engaging manner in person and on the phone. This role requires someone who is accustomed to being accountable to key performance metrics and reporting activity on a weekly basis. The ideal candidate for this position will be comfortable with technology, as hosting online demonstrations will be required regularly. A high level of prospecting and outreach, along with strong closing abilities will be keys to success in this role.
The Business Development Associate will report into the Executive Director of Business Development.
- Identify prospects, qualify leads, and close business
- Manage and grow a CRM database of prospects
- Prepare/develop ongoing business outreach that includes email marketing and phone calls
- Initiate relationships with developed leads to sell them into key programs
- Generate a consistent number of leads each week to support the sales funnel
- Meet weekly and monthly goals set by Executive Director, Strategic Initiatives
- Prepare activity reports for senior management
- 1-3 year's experience in business development and sales
- Exceptional verbal and written skills
- Excellent research skills to uncover new business opportunities
- Goal-oriented, driven by clear quantifiable objectives
- Proficient in MS Office and comfortable using an internal CRM system
- Ability to work well with other team members
SANDOW was founded by visionary entrepreneur, Adam Sandow, in 2003 with the goal of building a truly innovative media company that would reinvent the traditional publishing model. Today, SANDOW is a fully integrated solutions platform powering innovation for the design and luxury industries. Its diverse portfolio of design media and technology companies include Interior Design, Luxe Interiors + Design, Metropolis, Galerie, and NewBeauty. Materials Innovation brands include global materials consultancy, Material ConneXion, and game-changing material sampling, logistics and sustainability platform, Material Bank. SANDOW brands also include a research and strategy firm, ThinkLab. In 2019, SANDOW was selected by the New York Economic Development Corporation to become the official operator of NYCxDESIGN, beginning in 2020.