Material ConneXion is the leading materials-driven design authority. We define the “what’s new and what’s next” in materials, and incubate new ideas, so you can make smarter design decisions. Our international team of material scientists creates original, globally relevant content, and decodes industry trends and material advancements to provide an authoritative view on the innovations that will future-proof your business.
We believe that Every Idea Has a Material Solution.
The Client Services Manager is employed to retain and grow their delegated book of business while identifying new business opportunities within the Material Connexion member base. The Client Services Manager will manage contract renewals, identify opportunities for bespoke project needs, prospect new relationships among existing members and promote all our services. This position reports directly to the Managing Director of Material ConneXion and will work closely with the EVP of Research and Director of Operations to communicate client priorities and objectives to best prepare for future research and work.
- Advocate Material Connexion as a best-in-class, business critical resource to existing client base to ensure annual membership renewals.
- Demonstrate superior commercial performance through achieving and exceeding individual monthly targets.
- Strategically work with clients to understand their business needs and establish benchmarks throughout the year to support their objectives.
- Successfully onboard new customers to ensure full understanding of MCX’s product and service offerings.
- Deliver research and content from in-person presentations, phone calls and curated tours.
- Work alongside a client services support team who will handle the day to day needs of the business, from admin to research assistance.
- Bachelor’s degree design or creative discipline preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an Account Manager ideally within trends, research and/or innovation.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities to manage and grow book of business while establishing high-level relationships with senior and C-level executives.
- A natural problem-solver who can articulate relevant insights to a range of client sectors and position Material Connexion as a solution to innovation and production. Impeccable presentation and communication skills.
- Strong team player to act as a conduit between the Advisory, Research, Sales and Marketing teams, fostering open communication and sharing of content, knowledge and ideas.
At SANDOW, we push the boundaries of creativity every day. Our mission is to build smart businesses driven by innovation and designers that deliver powerful products, services and experiences to a highly selective audience. Our brands cater to everyone from the country's most affluent individuals to beauty and fashion enthusiasts, from design experts to design devotees.
Whether it's our beautifully produced magazines, our industry events and conferences or our materials library and consulting services, SANDOW informs, inspires and engages discerning consumers and businesses in design, beauty, fashion and luxury.