is the research division of SANDOW, focused on studying the evolving world of design. As the only research firm truly immersed in this industry, we have daily insight into the challenges of both the architects and designers, and the consumers who hire them. We leverage these insights along with varied market research techniques to uncover relevant trends and opportunities that connect back to brand and business goals in a thought-provoking, creative, and actionable way.
In this role, you will focus on developing content for ThinkLab clients. If you geek out on research, have a knack for storytelling, and an unquenchable curiosity for the industry and its evolution, you’ll love it here. Apply today!
What you'll do:
What you'll bring:
- Lead the execution of deliverables to ThinkLab clients including CEUs
- Conduct secondary research from online sources
- Co-present/participate in client reviews
- Craft stories through research insights
- Execute showroom logistics for product previews (unbranded pop-up showrooms created from multiple product categories to collect designer feedback in an un-biased way)
- Other duties as needed/assigned
- 2-5 years of professional experience in the design industry (A&D firm experience preferred, manufacturer and/or distributor experience a plus.); Foundational perspective on the industry a must
- Degree in design preferred (interior OR industrial) OR degree in marketing
- Proficient in Microsoft suite (excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Demonstrated success crafting stories and creating compelling content
- Passion for driving efficiencies in content creation operational workflows
- Startup experience a plus
- Professional and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including travel as required
- Position can be based in New York, NY or Chicago, IL
SANDOW was founded by visionary entrepreneur Adam Sandow in 2003 with the goal of building a truly innovative media company that would reinvent the traditional publishing model. Today, SANDOW is a fully integrated solutions platform powering innovation for the design and luxury industries. Its diverse portfolio of design media and technology companies include Interior Design, Luxe Interiors + Design, Metropolis, Galerie
. Materials Innovation brands include global materials consultancy Material ConneXion and game-changing material sampling, logistics and sustainability platform Material Bank. SANDOW brands also include research and strategy firm ThinkLab. In 2019, SANDOW was selected by the New York Economic Development Corp. to become the official operator of NYCxDESIGN, beginning in 2020.