At SANDOW, we know the key to being the best is to hire the best. We’re looking for passionate, driven, committed talent to deliver exceptional performance.
Working for innovative, groundbreaking brands in an entrepreneurial environment requires a “do-what-it takes” mentality to get the job done. At SANDOW, there is always opportunity to shine and, in return, we reward stellar employees with competitive compensation, attractive perks, and the ability to take on new challenges - even if it’s outside your wheelhouse. If you’ve got the chops, we’ll take notice and provide the pathway to grow your career faster than you ever imagined possible.
SANDOW is seeking a full-time copy editor who will be responsible for ensuring correct grammar and spelling as well as consistent voice and style across all multiple print titles.
- Copyediting a wide range of print content, for editorial as well as ad/marketing departments, correcting grammar, spelling, and punctuation, and applying style as appropriate
- Juggling a variety of projects for multiple brands, with different deadlines
- Interacting effectively with writers, editors, and fact-checkers to resolve copy queries and any editorial concerns and editorial questions
- Communicating status appropriately to editors and other internal stakeholders
- 2+years experience copy-editing or fact-checking at a print publication (Line-editing experience a plus.)
- Proficiency in AP style, and excellent command of the English language
- Able to balance speed and efficiency with accuracy and quality
- Strong time-management skills: Able to prioritize tasks, while also being flexible enough to respond to urgent requests
- Detail-oriented, efficient, communicative, and able to problem-solve and multitask
At SANDOW, we push the boundaries of creativity every day. Our mission is to build smart businesses—driven by innovation and design—that deliver powerful products, services and experiences to a highly selective audience. Our brands cater to everyone from the country’s most affluent individuals to beauty and fashion enthusiasts, from design experts to design devotees.
Whether it’s our beautifully produced magazines, our industry events and conferences or our materials library and consulting services, SANDOW informs, inspires and engages discerning consumers and businesses in design, beauty, fashion and luxury.