At SANDOW, we know the key to being the best is to hire the best. We are looking for passionate, driven, committed talent to deliver exceptional performance.
Working for innovative, groundbreaking brands in an entrepreneurial environment requires a what-it takes mentality to get the job done. At SANDOW, there is always opportunity to shine and, in return, we reward stellar employees with competitive compensation, attractive perks, and the ability to take on new challenges - even if it is outside your wheelhouse. If you have got the chops, we'll take notice and provide the pathway to grow your career faster than you ever imagined possible.
Want to join us? Keep reading.
Material Bank is a new business unit within SANDOW that is setting out to change the way A&D specifiers get their work done. Using the platform, architects and designers can perform complex searches across hundreds of manufacturers in seconds. Samples can then be requested and delivered the next morning!
If being a part of building a game changing, new business within an established parent company excites you, take a look at what Material Bank has to offer.
General Description/Mission of the Role
The Database Engineer will work to ensure files collected through various methods are normalized and structured for import. Additionally, this individual will focus on maintaining data integrity throughout all Material Bank system databases, which includes managing the process of appending records with update data and addressing data conflicts that arise as we grow this platform.
- prepare, compile and sort various data sets for data entry
- check source data for accuracy
- verify data and correct data where necessary
- update data and delete unnecessary segments
- combine and rearrange data from multiple format sources where required
- enter data from source data into prescribed computer database forms
- transcribe information into required proper electronic format (JSON)
- maintain logbooks or records of activities and tasks
- respond to requests for information and access relevant files
- comply with data integrity, validation and security places
- Experience preparing, compiling and sorting various data sets for data entry
- Proficient in Excel
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL
- Basic exposure development software’s
- information collection and management
- problem solving
- attention to minutia and detail
- decision making skills
- communication skills
- ability to work under pressure
At SANDOW, we push the boundaries of creativity every day. Our mission is to build smart businesses driven by innovation and designers that deliver powerful products, services and experiences to a highly selective audience. Our brands cater to everyone from the country's most affluent individuals to beauty and fashion enthusiasts, from design experts to design devotees.
Whether it's our beautifully produced magazines, our industry events and conferences or our materials library and consulting services, SANDOW informs, inspires and engages discerning consumers and businesses in design, beauty, fashion and luxury.