Interior Design is the go-to publication design professionals—from architects to interior designers to manufacturers—seek out for inspiration and ideas. The brand highlights the industry’s most groundbreaking projects, innovative new products and brilliant people through its striking magazine, robust digital presence (including an up-to-the-minute website, videos and a mobile app) and in-person experiences.
The Digital Director, Interior Design Media, will oversee the execution of the digital strategy for a collection of brands, including Interior Design Media, ThinkLab (a division of Interior Design Media) and NYCxDESIGN (a SANDOW-operated business), with the goal of creating, managing, and optimizing content across the respective brands’ digital and social channels. This role will report into the EVP, Interior Design, but will be directly accountable to leadership for each of the individual brands.
The Digital Director will work collaboratively with the editorial and marketing teams for each brand to develop organic and paid content strategies that grow and engage targeted audiences.
- Develop and execute content strategies aligned with vision for the brands, as established by the brand leaders.
- Maintain voice and vision of respective brand across all content initiatives and platforms
- Implement tactics to increase engagement KPIs and meet established goals. Conduct ongoing usability tests across all platforms to gauge content effectiveness.
- Work with editorial staff to create/review content and leverage it across platforms; identify and prioritize the most appropriate channels to deliver
- varying types of content
- Guide + educate editorial team on best practices for developing engaging digital content across all platforms.
- Oversee content schedule and assignments with in-house staff and freelancers.
- Oversee day-to-day management of Interior Design digital team, including ad ops, digital/video/social media editors/producers
- Work with Head of Web Dev to optimize site and create new, exciting features to engage the audience on a regular basis
- Working in tandem with business development and marketing, build content partnerships – both incoming for content generation and external for distribution and traffic.
- Minimum 8 years of editorial/content development experience, with minimum 5 years focused on digital
- Experience in design-related industry and/or with B2B brands is preferred, but not necessary if there is a strong digital background
- Strong manager, with good communication skills and ability to mentor new team members
- Collaborative leader that is effective in bringing teams together and breaking down silos
- Expert in web content management tools, SEO, analytics and paid/ organic social media Experience with ground-up site builds with some hands-on knowledge
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and to leverage resources efficiently in order to meet deadlines.
SANDOW was founded by visionary entrepreneur, Adam Sandow, in 2003 with the goal of building a truly innovative media company that would reinvent the traditional publishing model. Today, SANDOW is a fully integrated solutions platform powering innovation for the design and luxury industries. Its diverse portfolio of design media and technology companies include Interior Design, Luxe Interiors + Design, Metropolis, Galerie, and NewBeauty. Materials Innovation brands include global materials consultancy, Material ConneXion, and game-changing material sampling, logistics and sustainability platform, Material Bank. SANDOW brands also include a research and strategy firm, ThinkLab. In 2019, SANDOW was selected by the New York Economic Development Corporation to become the official operator of NYCxDESIGN, beginning in 2020.