Launched in 2016, Galerie blends the exciting worlds of art, culture, and design with a unique, authoritative point of view that inspires readers to live artfully every day. Every issue of the magazine delivers a brilliant mix of creative minds, sophisticated interiors, and enchanting travel destinations, as well as insider previews of the most influential art fairs and exhibitions around the globe, while daily updates and up-to-the minute coverage of these converging worlds can be found online at galeriemagazine.com. Published four times a year, Galerie’s engaging content is available by subscription and on newsstands, as well as @galeriemagazine.com and on Facebook and Instagram at @galeriemagazine.
The Galerie Digital Editor will be the primary resource for developing, managing, and optimizing the content of galeriemagazine.com, as well as that of the newsletters, social and other affiliated digital initiatives. Reporting to the Editor in Chief, they will work closely with the Galerie edit team to revise content developed for print into engaging digital stories.
- Develop and execute content strategy aligned with Digital vision for the brand, as established by the Founder and Editorial Director and as managed by the Editor in Chief.
- Implement tactics to increase engagement KPIs (UVs, PVs, return visits, content volume, newsletter OR/CTR) and meet established goals.
- Work with Galerie editorial staff on content extensions from print and vice versa, as well as work with them on monthly digital content assignments.
- Guide editorial team on best practices for developing engaging digital content and for SEO.
- Maintain voice and vision of Galerie brand across all content initiatives from site and newsletters to social.
- Assign, edit and coordinate daily production and promotion of content, including articles and newsletters, working with Galerie staff and freelancers.
- Oversee and manage social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.).
- Leverage data and measurement tools that track key online metrics
- for engagement and conduct ongoing usability tests across all platforms to gauge content effectiveness.
- Work with Sales team to support digital initiatives and revenue-producing programs effectively across all platforms.
- Build content partnerships – both incoming for content generation and external for distribution and traffic.
- Troubleshoot all site issues with development team.
- Minimum 5 years of general editorial experience and 3 years of experience as an editor at a consumer-facing or B2B site with a robust social and newsletter audience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of design and art.
- Proficient in web content management tools and SEO and social media platforms.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and related web authoring tools.
- Excellent organizational skills focus and ability to work independently or with a team.
SANDOW was founded by visionary entrepreneur Adam Sandow in 2003 with the goal of building a truly innovative media company that would reinvent the traditional publishing model. Today, SANDOW is a fully integrated solutions platform that includes leading content, tools, and services, powering innovation for the design and luxury industries. Its diverse portfolio of media assets includes Interior Design, Luxe Interiors + Design, Galerie, and NewBeauty. Materials Innovation brands include global materials consultancy, Material ConneXion, and game-changing material sampling, logistics and sustainability platform, Material Bank. SANDOW brands also include research and strategy firm, ThinkLab. In 2019, SANDOW was selected by the New York Economic Development Council of New York to become the official operator of NYCxDESIGN Week, beginning in 2020.