DIGITIAL IMAGE SCANNING TECHNICIAN
Material Bank is a new business unit within SANDOW that is setting out to change the way Architect and Design specifiers get their work done. Using the Material Bank platform, these professionals can perform complex searches across hundreds of manufacturers in seconds. Samples can be viewed electronically and then be requested for delivery the next morning!
If being a part of building a game changing, new business within an established parent company excites you, take a look at what Material Bank has to offer.
Want to join us? Keep reading.
General Description/Mission of the Role
The Digital Image Scanning Technician is a multifaceted position that requires both technical and project management skill. On a technical level this individual will operate proprietary scanning solutions focused on high resolution image capture. From a project management perspective the individual will be asked to workflow numerous projects insuring deadlines are met and milestone are achieved.
As a result of this technology being proprietary, we will provide the appropriate levels of training. However, we do require some basic technical prerequisites which are listed below.
- Conduct material pre-scan assessment
- Prepare materials for processing and image capture
- Capture and digitize material image samples
- Conduct image post processing
- Perform image cropping, retouching and tiling
- Ensure proper datahandling and file management
- Meet project deadlines
- 3+ years of experience handling and working with digital images or the like.
- 2+ years with experience with Photoshop or similar image management software.
- 2+ years working in a production oriented environment.
- Self-starter with the ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Multi-tasker able to work in a fast-paced working environment
- 3D rendering experience is a plus
At SANDOW, we push the boundaries of creativity every day. Our mission is to build smart businesses driven by innovation and designers that deliver powerful products, services and experiences to a highly selective audience. Our brands cater to everyone from the country's most affluent individuals to beauty and fashion enthusiasts, from design experts to design devotees.
Whether it's our beautifully produced magazines, our industry events and conferences or our materials library and consulting services, SANDOW informs, inspires and engages discerning consumers and businesses in design, beauty, fashion and luxury.