Material Bank is a disruptive technology and logistics brand that helps designers and trade professionals source material, building, and architectural products. The platform provides members the ability to search through millions of products from leading brands and request samples all within a single site. As members source and make selections through Material Bank’s sophisticated tools, the platform connects them directly with the brands, ultimately driving their purchasing decisions.
The Director of Events and Field Marketing role offers a unique opportunity for a proven marketing professional. This individual will create events and trade show strategies for our innovative brand. We have our eyes set on executing WOW-worthy, high-quality events and in-person experiences that align with industry trends, but standout amongst the crowd. If you are looking to get in on the ground floor of a fast paced, emerging technology company and lead the build of our Events and Field Marketing department keep reading.
- Develop a strategic roadmap for events and field marketing programs
- Design and build trade shows, conferences, pop-ups, meet-ups, and celebrations events and experiences
- Lead and manage a small team responsible for the planning and executing a series of diverse annual events
- Develop processes and workflows which ensure effective event planning, management, and execution
- Use CRM, data visualization, and marketing automation systems to maximize value of event and field marketing efforts.
- Ensure executive vision, business priorities and ROI metrics are achieved throughout events and field marketing programs
- 8+ years of event marketing experience. Experience within a fast-growing SaaS business or the design or material manufacturer industry a plus
- 4+ years leading event teams and/or field marketers
- An extensive portfolio of event experiences, across different events and field marketing program types.
- Experience holding event budget authority and managing large budgets.
- Strong project management skills and an ability to develop and deliver events and programs while facing challenging constraints.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills ensuring the ability to effectively share insights across all levels of the organization.
- Working knowledge of CRM, data visualization, and marketing automation systems such as Hubspot and Salesforce
SANDOW was founded by visionary entrepreneur, Adam Sandow, in 2003 with the goal of building a truly innovative media company that would reinvent the traditional publishing model. Today, SANDOW is a fully integrated solutions platform powering innovation for the design and luxury industries. Its diverse portfolio of design media and technology companies include Interior Design, Luxe Interiors + Design, Metropolis, Galerie, and NewBeauty. Materials Innovation brands include global materials consultancy, Material ConneXion, and game-changing material sampling, logistics and sustainability platform, Material Bank. SANDOW brands also include research and strategy firm, ThinkLab. In 2019, SANDOW was selected by the New York Economic Development Corporation to become the official operator of NYCxDESIGN, beginning in 2020.