NewBeauty (newbeauty.com) is the definitive authority on all things beauty. Each issue of NewBeauty gives readers an in-depth look at the beauty industry’s latest products, cutting-edge innovations and breakthrough technologies. Whether it’s the latest high-powered skin care or in-office procedure, NewBeauty educates readers on the latest options for skin, face, hair, body, well-being and smile. The magazine’s comprehensive approach to its topics continues to solidify its reputation as the industry’s leading scientifically accurate, expert-driven and ethically balanced beauty resource. NewBeauty’s brand extensions include product-sampling service TestTube (testtube.newbeauty.com), which delivers exclusive products to readers’ doors every three months. NewBeauty is published by SANDOW (sandow.com), a leader in innovation and design that delivers powerful products, services and experiences to a highly selective audience.
We’re seeking a seasoned marketing professional with an extensive, multi-platform media background to oversee the brand’s Marketing, Creative Services and Art departments.
This position requires strong leadership skills, an ability to manage and execute projects, and interact effectively both internally with our sales team and externally with our clients.
Reports to the Head of Marketing & Business Development.
- Work with the Integrated Marketing and Sales teams (National & Regional) to strategize/brainstorm on all proposals to answer RFPs and proactive requests
- Manage the execution of all individual client programs (e.g. branded content, digital initiatives, advertorials, events, sponsorships, mailings, sampling, etc.) from inception to completion
- Oversee and develop marketing strategies for our Regional business, NewBeauty Pro
- Collaborate with Sales to create client-specific presentations
- Manage budgets related to advertiser promotional/added-value programs
- Spearhead/supervise in-book and online promotional efforts
- Operate with a superior level of client service in all client-facing communication
- Create programs and new offerings core to our brand that will support, enhance and ensure our sales success
- Develop overarching program/partnership strategy and lay tactical groundwork for issue programs
- Establish new relationships with outside organizations, sources and vendors—seek out innovative new alliances that help position NewBeauty for growth
- Create sales tools including presentations, one-sheets, and email blasts that promote our brand, programs and key business initiatives
- Oversee/collaborate on reader panel efforts, including conducting/packaging surveys and product trials
- Oversee Integrated Marketing Manager, Art Director, NewBeauty Pro client services team and freelance staff brought on for project execution
- Manage day-to-day workload of the team and support their ongoing needs
- Create efficiencies and develop systems to improve and manage the workflow and the overall infrastructure
- +7 years of Integrated Marketing/Creative Services experience
- +2 years Management experience
- Understand, articulate and incorporate it through all proposals, sales collateral, programs, etc.
- Ability to create roadmap for the department; understand how to bring to life/enhance our brand DNA through program development
- Strategic thinker that’s able to help guide ideas to align with our client’s strategy
- Effectively work with (and as a conduit between) many different departments including marketing, sales, editorial, business development
Ideation & Creative Thinking
- Create a culture of idea generation
- Proactively deliver innovative ideas supporting our brand and sales efforts
- Presentation and Communication: Ability to strongly and effectively present and communicate ideas both internally and externally
- Writing: Needs to have a strong writing aptitude
- Initiative: Must be proactive and highly solution-oriented
- Organization: must be able to effectively multi-task