At SANDOW, we know the key to being the best is to hire the best. We’re looking for passionate, driven, committed talent to deliver exceptional performance. Working for innovative, groundbreaking brands in an entrepreneurial environment requires a “do-what-it takes” mentality to get the job done. At SANDOW, there is always opportunity to shine, and in return, we reward stellar employees with competitive compensation, attractive perks, and the ability to take on new challenges - even if it’s outside your wheelhouse. If you’ve got the chops, we’ll take notice and provide the pathway to grow your career faster than you ever imagined possible.
The Director of Information Technology will be tasked with the design, build, and support for all customer facing and internal infrastructure for SANDOW and its affiliates. This is a diverse role, perfect for the leader that likes to be hands on and enjoys a multi-faceted role.
- Overall infrastructure vision (e.g., private / public / hybrid cloud, vendors / partners)
- Management of three small data centers as well as our Amazon AWS cloud environment
- Design, rollout & scheduled test of a DR site
- Management of internal server & storage infrastructure
- Management of a network & telecommunication
- Providing overall Infrastructure and IT leadership for the company
- Outlining and communicating IT policies and procedures
- Provide input on operating as well as capital budgets and tightly managing actuals
- Purchasing of assets, tracking of expenditures, and ensure all licensing is sufficiently in place
- Identifying opportunities to leverage technology to increase employee productivity and/or reduce costs
- Managing contracts for support and services
- Ensure consistency and use of best practices in design and build of infrastructure
- Define infrastructure roadmaps and provide appropriate level of weekly and monthly status updates
- Supervise a Team of two Help Desk Analysts for first level support
Must have Technical skills in order of importance:
- Apple Mac Desktops Support (server is a given) and Apple Operating Systems
- Networking/security (Cisco ASA, Meraki, Dell and Cisco managed switches)
- AWS services experience: EC2 S3, R53, ELB, RDS, etc.
- DNS management experience related to web hosting and internal DNS
- VMware (5.5)
- Storage experience (Dell EqualLogic SAN and NAS)
- Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange + Office 365
- Infrastructure/data center/helpdesk management
- Unix/Linux, Ubuntu, MySQL a plus
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science / engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of experience in infrastructure management of a diverse local and cloud based topologies with strong emphasis on Amazon AWS services
- 5 years of experience in designing, building, and operating infrastructure to support mission critical systems with a track record of delivering high availability
- 3 years of experience in building networking and security solutions for public facing web applications
- 3 years of experience with designing, building, and operating solutions using virtualization using private / public cloud technologies
- Experience with Cisco, Dell Firewalls, routers, switches and Wi-Fi Access points
- Experience with Dell EqualLogic SAN and NAS storage
- Experience Unix/Linux, Ubuntu, MySQL and Microsoft technologies. Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Apple Mac Server and Apple Operating Systems
- Demonstrated project management skills combined with being a self-starter
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills to establish vision, plans, and status
- Ability to communicate with all levels in the company
- Willingness to do hand on work at all levels
At SANDOW, we push the boundaries of creativity every day. Our mission is to build smart businesses—driven by innovation and design—that deliver powerful products, services and experiences to a highly selective audience. Our brands cater to everyone from the country’s most affluent individuals to beauty and fashion enthusiasts, from design experts to design devotees.
Whether it’s our beautifully produced magazines, our industry events and conferences or our materials library and consulting services, SANDOW informs, inspires and engages discerning consumers and businesses in design, beauty, fashion and luxury.