NewBeauty is looking for a Editorial Designer for our New York City office. The Editorial Designer will assist in all creative touch-points for the NewBeauty brand, from ideating creative solutions for editorial content, creating typographic treatments for video graphics, to polishing layouts for production.
- Work closely with the creative director, other designers, and photo editor on editorial content for all NewBeauty print publications. This includes selecting images, creating engaging layouts, and designing typographic treatments for stories.
- Assist in creative needs for digital, social, and video.
- Assist in the evolution and implementation of the NewBeauty style guide.
- Create logos and holistic branding for special NewBeauty activations and initiatives, including events and products.
- Build and maintain library of on-brand images and creative resources.
- Collaborate with the team on a regular basis regarding day-to-day priorities and upcoming deadlines.
- 2-4 years of visual design experience
- Passionate designer with strong attention to detail and love of type
- Proficient in InDesign and Adobe Creative Suite
- Hands-on magazine and web experience
- Self-starter with strong time management skills
- Experience with production and pre-pressing files
- Industry knowledge of relevant photographers, illustrators, and others in the beauty and fashion industry
- Interest in beauty, wellness and fashion industries
- BFA/BA or equivalent in design-related discipline
At SANDOW, we push the boundaries of creativity every day. Our mission is to build smart businesses driven by innovation and design that deliver powerful products, services and experiences to a highly selective audience. Our brands cater to everyone from the country's most affluent individuals to beauty and fashion enthusiasts, from design experts to design devotees. Whether it's our beautifully produced magazines, our industry events and conferences or our materials library and consulting services, SANDOW informs, inspires and engages discerning consumers and businesses in design, beauty, fashion and luxury.