SANDOW is seeking an Executive Assistant to assist the General Counsel of SANDOW in our Global Headquarters in New York City. In this critical role, the EA will be responsible for providing the GC with high-level administrative and operational support. The ideal candidate must have exceptional project management and communication skills in order to tackle a wide range of long-range projects and individual tasks simultaneously, while keeping things organized and on track.
- Communication: Act as the main point of contact for the GC internally and externally; build and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external vendors.
- Coordination: Intake, prioritize and monitor progress of a high volume of legal requests relating to all SANDOW brands, often involving matters of a high-level and sensitive nature.
- Project management: Schedule meetings, push projects forward, track progress, provide GC with status updates, and assess results after completion. For example, EA has primary responsibility for gathering information for trademark filings and processing vendor bills for payment. Implement processes and provide solutions to minimize the impact of an ever-changing workload.
- Document processing and support: Significant document processing work, requiring proficiency in Word, Excel and Powerpoint. File documents, review and proofread legal drafts. Assist with research projects.
- Administration: Perform advanced administrative duties, including: coordinating travel, managing Outlook calendar and managing expense reports.
- 5+ years of experience as an executive assistant, project manager, legal coordinator and/or corporate paralegal
- College degree required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate at all levels of an organization independently
- Very strong organizational and project management skills; able to multi-task with ease, and work well under pressure
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, with the ability to learn new programs as necessary
- Highly motivated, positive, professional, friendly, and team-oriented attitude
- Operates with high accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Good common sense and impeccable discretion regarding sensitive matters
- Prior experience in the corporate legal department of a company, or at a law firm, or in the financial services industry, is preferred