Material Bank, a division of SANDOW Media, is a disruptive technology and logistics company that helps designers and trade professionals source material, building, and architectural products. The platform provides users the ability to search through millions of products from leading brands and request samples all within a single site. As users’ source and make selections through Material Bank’s sophisticated tools, the platform connects them directly with the brands, ultimately driving their purchasing decisions.
Material Bank is seeking a Graphic Designer whose passions are artistic expression and creating unique, powerfully engaging collateral consistent with our innovative brand. This position will support various marketing initiatives by developing diverse content, managing digital marketing tools, and providing high impact graphic design support across departments as needed.
- Understand the tone, personality, and business objective of each project assigned and emulate these throughout the design
- Concept, design, and format projects through all phases of the creative process
- Work on an array of brand assets including the Material Bank website, emails, social, editorial platforms, advertisements, print collateral, and packaging
- Work efficiently and have a bias for action in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- 4+ years of experience at a creative or ad agency, graphic design firm or in-house creative department (salaried or freelance)
- A strong portfolio of experience in basic design principals (typography, composition, scale, color theory, etc.) and knowledge of how those principles work together
- Meticulous and goal-oriented with a keen eye for the smallest details
- Self-starter who is a customer-obsessed and an enthusiastic team player
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design or related field
SANDOW was founded by visionary entrepreneur, Adam Sandow, in 2003 with the goal of building a truly innovative media company that would reinvent the traditional publishing model. Today, SANDOW is a fully integrated solutions platform powering innovation for the design and luxury industries. Its diverse portfolio of design media and technology companies include Interior Design, Luxe Interiors + Design, Metropolis, Galerie, and NewBeauty. Materials Innovation brands include global materials consultancy, Material ConneXion, and game-changing material sampling, logistics and sustainability platform, Material Bank. SANDOW brands also include a research and strategy firm, ThinkLab. In 2019, SANDOW was selected by the New York Economic Development Corporation to become the official operator of NYCxDESIGN, beginning in 2020.