As the primary point of contact for the region, the HP365 Site Coordinator will interact with every aspect of our business: designers and brands looking to create better products, resources vendors looking for new ways to promote their innovations, and academic institutions and students looking to learn about the materiality of design. The HP365 Site Coordinator will report to the Executive Vice President, Research and work closely the Director of Operations to ensure the Material ConneXion library operates optimally.
This position offers the opportunity to be recognized as a material authority for the build environment industry in High Point, NC.
Resource Library Management
- Manage Material ConneXion satellite library day-to-day activities.
- Maintain the library calendar, scheduling and preparing for client and visitor arrivals
- Understand the client’s material focus prior to their visit and pull material samples which may be of interest to them; engage with clients to understand their project needs and offer solutions on how Material ConneXion can work with them to identify the material solution that’s right for them
- Liaise with MCX Production Department to coordinate material shipping and installations
- Maintain physical display and space to ensure an optimal user experience
- Act as a brand ambassador for Material ConneXion and SANDOW Materials Group in the region
- Provide presentations to local schools and industry events as need be
- Work with Manager to create dynamic presentations and content for the promotion of the library (physically and digitally)
- Engage with potential and existing clients to communicate Material ConneXion offerings
- Regularly evaluate tools and systems to ensure they are supporting the mission and deliverables of Material ConneXion; recommend system or procedural improvements
- Research products/materials to understand, develop and refine library selections
- Meet with resources vendors to assess their solutions for our audience
- Present new materials each month to our jury panel for potential inclusion into the library
- Update material, manufacturer and client information in Material ConneXion approved tools
- 3+ years experience in design, architecture, or sales
- A curiosity about materials and the application of materials in products
- Engaging personality
- People-facing skills
- Being able to work as a one-man team
At SANDOW, we push the boundaries of creativity every day. Our mission is to build smart businesses driven by innovation and designers that deliver powerful products, services and experiences to a highly selective audience. Our brands cater to everyone from the country's most affluent individuals to beauty and fashion enthusiasts, from design experts to design devotees.
Whether it's our beautifully produced magazines, our industry events and conferences or our materials library and consulting services, SANDOW informs, inspires and engages discerning consumers and businesses in design, beauty, fashion and luxury.