The primary purpose of the Managing Editor role is to work alongside the editorial team to manage workflow, uphold editorial style and voice, and ensure all deadlines are met in order to deliver exquisite content to a design-savvy audience that covets art and lives artfully.
The Managing Editor will report into the Editor in Chief of Galerie and work closely with features editors, freelance contributors, art directors, graphic designers, and photo resources to ensure all assignments are distributed, produced, and delivered on schedule. He/she will communicate with the team on a regular basis regarding day-to-day priorities, as well as copy and production updates, deadlines, editorial budgets, and operational processes.
- Manage and track projects from beginning through closing
- Oversee and assist with copy editing all stories
- Set, manage and hold others accountable to firm deadlines
- Work closely with Editor in Chief and Edit team to articulate and execute the voice and format of Galerie Magazine
- Plan and approve assignments for writers and editors
- Supervise and guide freelance staff
- Uphold best practices to optimize the editing process, including the use of technologies/tools and implementation of Galerie Style Guide
- Write special projects and other duties as assigned
- Strong organizational and management skills required to effectively oversee multiple projects
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Deadline driven and a proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Work well in team orientated environment
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Understanding of art and/or interior design industry is a big plus
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InCopy, InDesign) are also a plus
- Meticulous attention to detail
Launched in 2016 by Hudson Publishing LLC, Galerie magazine is a quarterly publication that engages readers who have a passion for art and design. Its distinctive coverage informs and inspires—delivering the finest in art, interiors, and architecture, plus compelling creative talents and fascinating destinations. Galerie is available at Hudson News locations around the world, as well as select newsstands, private aviation terminals, and premier art and design events. Galerie inspires readers to LIVE ARTFULLY.