NYCxDESIGN, New York City’s annual design festival, attracts hundreds of thousands of attendees and designers from across the globe and showcases over a dozen design disciplines through events taking place across the city’s five boroughs.
NYCxDESIGN celebrates a world of design through the lens of New York City’s diverse design community, a melting pot of unique experiences and ideas that inform the best of design innovation and thinking.
New York City’s unrivaled number of premier design schools, businesses, cultural institutions, and design professionals provide a global perspective on design that no other city can match. As the world’s business and media capital, New York City is the place for designers to expose the world to their products, philosophy, and innovation.
The Marketing Content Coordinator will be responsible for conceptualizing, creating, and posting content across all the NYCxDESIGN marketing channels on a daily basis. The success will be measured by user engagement, brand awareness and audience growth. The Marketing Content Coordinator should be comfortable owning tasks from conception all the way to testing and execution. The ideal candidate is eager to establish a track record as a dedicated, proactive and positive team player and ready for their next challenge. The Marketing Content Coordinator reports directly to the Marketing Manager and will communicate with her on a regular basis regarding content schedule and production, content strategy + analytics, trends and audience growth.
- Manage a weekly content calendar for NYCxDESIGN marketing channels
- Generate unique content and manage content intake (programming announcements, partner promotions, design news and trends, etc.) for placement across NYCxDESIGN marketing channels
- Create daily posts for social platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter)
- Test and implement social media paid advertising campaigns
- Create monthly newsletters and frequent e-blasts for NYCxDESIGN subscribers
- Assist in managing the NYCxDESIGN website including content updates and event registration
- Prepare monthly overviews of social and web activity including KPIs such as email open rate, likes, new followers, etc.
- Research and keep up to date on social media and email marketing trends and tactics
- Research and keep up to date on local, domestic, and international design news and trends
- Manage and maintain NYCxDESIGN inquiries from website and general office email
- Assist in overall digital brand strategy
- Assist in development of new marketing channels/programs
- Think creatively about ways in which we can increase brand awareness, optimize engagement and continually grow a targeted following across all digital marketing channels
- Assist with NYCxDESIGN event execution including RSVP and guest list management, sponsor activation, vendor outreach and on-site event support
- The outcomes necessary for success:
- Increase social and email engagement
- Increase buzz/awareness of brand presence on marketing channels
- Grow following in U.S. and Global.
- 1-2 years in a professional marketing related position; startup experience a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an ability to come up with big ideas and execute with an anything is possible attitude
- Deep knowledge of all things digital and social media (across multiple channels)
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced, mission-driven organization
- Strong creative communication skills (writing and photography)
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- A motivated, positive and proactive attitude
- Passion for design and innovation in all aspects of life
SANDOW was founded by visionary entrepreneur Adam Sandow in 2003 with the goal of building a truly innovative media company that would reinvent the traditional publishing model. Today, SANDOW is a fully integrated solutions platform that includes leading content, tools, and services, powering innovation for the design and luxury industries. Its diverse portfolio of media assets includes Interior Design, Luxe Interiors + Design, Galerie, and NewBeauty. Materials Innovation brands include global materials consultancy, Material ConneXion, and game-changing material sampling, logistics and sustainability platform, Material Bank. SANDOW brands also include research and strategy firm, ThinkLab. In 2019, SANDOW was selected by the New York Economic Development Council of New York to become the official operator of NYCxDESIGN Week, beginning in 2020.