Material ConneXion is the leading materials-driven design authority. We define the “what’s new and what’s next” in materials, and incubate new ideas, so you can make smarter design decisions. Our international team of material scientists creates original, globally relevant content, and decodes industry trends and material advancements to provide an authoritative view on the innovations that will future-proof your business.
We believe that Every Idea Has a Material Solution.
We are looking for a driven Marketing Manager to develop and execute a world-class marketing strategy that will attract and retain an engaged Material ConneXion audience and endeavor to further our global reputation as experts in the area of material innovation. The goal of this role will be to build superior engagement, website traffic, and customer-base by exploiting all aspects of traditional and social media marketing, with an emphasis on LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Overall responsibility of brand management and corporate identity; working with licensees to ensure brand continuity.
- Generate, manage and optimize all Material ConneXion content with the goal of building meaningful connections and encouraging community members to take action.
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification.
- Manage all spending related to marketing department.
- Collaborate with other departments in all areas of the role to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions.
- Review, vet, execute and follow-up on all media requests and publications related to or quoting Material ConneXion; analyze potential strategic partner relationships for company marketing.
- Oversee all external speaking engagements by: fielding requests, promoting engagements, and negotiating presence at industry-related trade shows.
- Identify event needs such as catering, name badges, check-in procedures, etc. and prepare accordingly.
- Work with internal stakeholders to create and prepare content for client-focused, high-value presentations.
- Minimum 3-5 years experiences in social media marketing or as a digital media specialist.
- BS in Communications, Marketing, Business, New Media or Public Relations.
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (including photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge in social networking and social analytics tools.
- Adequate knowledge of web design, web development, CRO and SEO.
- Knowledge of online marketing and a good understanding of major marketing channels.
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability.
- Exceptional follow-up skills; persistence to ensure initiatives and objectives do not “fall through the cracks”.
- Proficiency in excel, word, and outlook, aptitude for assimilating to new software
- Infallible organization skills.
At SANDOW, we push the boundaries of creativity every day. Our mission is to build smart businesses driven by innovation and designers that deliver powerful products, services and experiences to a highly selective audience. Our brands cater to everyone from the country's most affluent individuals to beauty and fashion enthusiasts, from design experts to design devotees.
Whether it's our beautifully produced magazines, our industry events and conferences or our materials library and consulting services, SANDOW informs, inspires and engages discerning consumers and businesses in design, beauty, fashion and luxury.