The Material Program Manager is a strong leader with demonstrated project management skills and will be directly accountable for ensuring overall supplier performance. As the liaison between Research, Production and Client Services, you must be a self-starter, capable of developing and achieving supply chain strategies and program objectives. Responsibilities span from raising our suppliers' engagement with our team through negotiating relevant samples for our various programs. The position requires an individual who will be able to exert influence and have an effect on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the company.
Acting as the face of the company, you will use your direct, hands-on approach to take the reins in all suppliers' interactions and negotiations. Successful candidates will possess excellent communication skills, an outcome-oriented mindset and a flair for negotiating on behalf of the company's best interests. Strength in persuasive negotiating and problem-solving techniques, and the ability to work under deadline pressure are also essential.
- Create, manage and execute material program strategy and plan.
- Negotiate with a wide range of suppliers on a daily basis to increase suppliersâ€™ engagement with our team.
- Develop a trusted relationship with key suppliers to drive continued value of our services.
- Develop and execute risk/opportunity plans to meet program objectives.
- Act as a liaison between internal departments and our suppliers' managing projects and timelines from inception to completion.
- Monitor and proactively act to address performance and financial metrics including those related to cost, schedule, quality.
- 3+ years of sourcing, supply chain, or materials management experience.
- Strength in persuasive negotiating and problem-solving techniques.
- Thrives in a multi-tasking environment and can adjust priorities on-the-fly.
- Comfortable interacting verbally with new and existing vendors and consistent writing confirmation of discussions.
- You're driven: No one needs to push you to excel; it's just who you are.
- You want to help and serve our customers: when they win, we all win.
- Bachelor's degree.