At SANDOW, we know the key to being the best is to hire the best. We’re looking for passionate, driven, committed talent to deliver exceptional performance.
Working for innovative, groundbreaking brands in an entrepreneurial environment requires a “do-what-it takes” mentality to get the job done. At SANDOW, there is always opportunity to shine and, in return, we reward stellar employees with competitive compensation, attractive perks, and the ability to take on new challenges - even if it’s outside your wheelhouse. If you’ve got the chops, we’ll take notice and provide the pathway to grow your career faster than you ever imagined possible.
Want to join us? Keep reading.
Material Bank has an exciting, new career opportunity for a Material Research Specialist for our New York City location.
Material Bank is a new business unit within SANDOW that focuses on providing A&D specifiers with detailed information on materials. Using the platform, architects and designers can perform complex searches across hundreds of manufacturers in seconds. Samples can then be requested and delivered the next morning!
In this role, the Material Research Specialist will be responsible for material cataloging within a comprehensive database that he/she will help to manage and update. The successful candidate will have a vast depth of knowledge and experitise in identifying various materials and their attributes.
- Coordinate and manage the material intake process by evaluating and entering material attributes
- Maintain and update database by continual research
- Collaborate with manufacturing partners to ensure data accuracy
- Identify and tag materials in project images
- Seek new items through trend spotting and product launches in order to grow the material database
- Skilled in the art of visually inspecting materials and identifying key attributes, such as the brand and type of manufacturing
- Have a current and comprehensive understanding of the design and materials industry
- Knowledge of performance and building standards for commercial interiors
- Great eye for color and material palettes
- Detail oriented and highly oraganized with digital mediums
- Open and adaptable work ethic – flexible to changing priorities and last minute deadlines
* 2-3 years working experience with material specification and/or researching materials
* Having held a position as a Resource Librarian is a plus
* Active participation in industry associations, attendance at trade shows, or other industry related organizations
Founded in 2003 by visionary entrepreneur Adam I. Sandow, SANDOW
delivers powerful products, services and experiences to a highly selective audience. Serving consumers and businesses across the luxury, design, fashion and beauty categories, SANDOW’s diverse portfolio includes media brands Interior Design
, Luxe Interiors + Design
, as well as creative management agency Culture + Commerce, iconic retailer Fred Segal and global materials consultancy Material ConneXion. With offices around the world, the company’s global headquarters are in New York City’s Time & Life Building, with corporate headquarters in South Florida.