At SANDOW, we know the key to being the best is to hire the best. We’re looking for passionate, driven, committed talent to deliver exceptional performance.
Working for innovative, groundbreaking brands in an entrepreneurial environment requires a “do-what-it takes” mentality to get the job done. At SANDOW, there is always opportunity to shine and, in return, we reward stellar employees with competitive compensation, attractive perks, and the ability to take on new challenges - even if it’s outside your wheelhouse. If you’ve got the chops, we’ll take notice and provide the pathway to grow your career faster than you ever imagined possible.
Material Bank is seeking an Operations Manager to manage a team in receiving, put away, replenishment, picking, packing, and shipping of inventoried goods as they pass through the distribution center. The incumbent must be willing to work non-standard hours, have a strong leadership presence, have the ability to manage many processes at one time, and be a person that enjoys challenge.
General Description/Mission of the Role
- The Operations Manager is responsible for leading a team of Material Handers in the accurate storing, shipping, receiving, material handling and physical inventory of products to meet company standards of safety, security and productivity.
- The mission of the Operations Manager is to support the business unit to service its customers in an efficient and timely manner. The ability to serve the customer with an accurate, on time order is critical to the success of Material Bank.
- Throughout the first year of Material Bank’s existence it is important to know that the Operations Manager will be called upon to do many different jobs at the facility and work long hours across many different shifts. This will not be a standard warehouse leadership role.
Supervision and Communication
- The Operations Manager reports to the Vice President of Supply Chain.
- The Operations Manager will work very closely with his/her direct supervisor and communicate in a timely manner multiple times throughout the day.
- It is imperative that the Operations Manager and his/her direct supervisor work well with one another to meet the goals of the business.
The Operations Manager will support and work closely with Material Bank’s leadership team. Responsibilities include but are not limited to leading a team of Material Handers in:
- Warehouse receiving
- Put away duties
- Inventory cycle counting
- Warehouse replenishment
- Picking of orders
- Packing of orders
- General warehouse upkeep
- General warehouse housekeeping
The competencies required for individuals in this role are as follows:
- Strong leadership skills.
- An understanding of warehouse processes.
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data and come to business conclusions.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to follow directions.
- Ability to work long hours that sometimes change.
- Upbeat attitude and the ability to push through obstacles.
- Ability to work within an environment with constant change.
- Persistent and proactive with a do-what-it-takes mentality to achieve outcomes.
- Deadline-driven while also flexible enough to adjust to new opportunities as they arise.
At SANDOW, we push the boundaries of creativity every day. Our mission is to build smart businesses—driven by innovation and design—that deliver powerful products, services and experiences to a highly selective audience. Our brands cater to everyone from the country’s most affluent individuals to beauty and fashion enthusiasts, from design experts to design devotees.
Whether it’s our beautifully produced magazines, our industry events and conferences or our materials library and consulting services, SANDOW informs, inspires and engages discerning consumers and businesses in design, beauty, fashion and luxury.