Material Bank is a new business unit within SANDOW that is setting out to change the way A&D specifiers get their work done. Using the platform, architects and designers can perform complex searches across hundreds of manufacturers in seconds. Samples can then be requested and delivered the next morning!
If being a part of building a game changing, new business within an established parent company excites you, take a look at what Material Bank has to offer.
Material Bank is seeking an Operations Team Lead to provide direction and guidance to a team in receiving, put away, replenishment, picking, packing, and shipping of inventoried goods as they pass through the distribution center. The incumbent must be willing to work non-standard hours, have a strong leadership presence, have the ability to manage many processes at one time, and be a person that enjoys challenge.
- The Operations Team Lead is a working lead position. It is responsible for leading a team of Material Handers in the accurate storing, shipping, receiving, material handling and physical inventory of products to meet company standards of safety, security and productivity.
- The Operations Team Lead will provide direct guidance of all Material Handlers on his/her team. This person will be the eyes and ears of the Operations Manager when he/she is not present on the Logistics Hub floor.
- The Operations Team Lead will be able to perform all functions of the Material Handlers he/she leads. The Material Handlers won’t directly report to the Operations Team Lead but will take direction and guidance from them.
- The Mission of the Operations Team Lead is to support the business unit to service its customers in an efficient and timely manner. The ability to serve the customer with an accurate, on time order is critical to the success of Material Bank.
- It is important to know that the Operations Team Lead will be called upon to do many different jobs at the facility and work long hours across many different shifts. This will not be a standard warehouse leadership role.
- The Operations Team Lead reports to the Shift Operations Manager.
- The Operations Team Lead will work very closely with his/her direct supervisor and communicate in a timely manner multiple times throughout the day.
- It is imperative that the Operations Team Lead and his/her direct supervisor work well with one another to meet the goals of the business.
- The Operations Team Lead will support and work closely with Material Bank’s leadership team. Responsibilities include but are not limited to leading a team of Material Handers in:
- Warehouse receiving
- Put away duties
- Inventory cycle counting
- Warehouse replenishment
- Picking of orders
- Packing of orders
- General warehouse upkeep
- General warehouse housekeeping
- Strong leadership skills.
- An understanding of warehouse processes.
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data and come to business conclusions.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to follow directions.
- Ability to work long hours that sometimes change.
- Upbeat attitude and the ability to push through obstacles.
- Ability to work within an environment with constant change.
- Persistent and proactive with a do-what-it-takes mentality to achieve outcomes.
- Deadline-driven while also flexible enough to adjust to new opportunities as they arise.
SANDOW was founded by visionary entrepreneur Adam Sandow in 2003 with the goal of building a truly innovative media company that would reinvent the traditional publishing model. Today, SANDOW is a fully integrated solutions platform that includes leading content, tools, and services, powering innovation for the design and beauty industries. Its diverse portfolio of media assets includes Interior Design, Luxe Interiors + Design, Galerie, and NewBeauty. Materials Innovation brands include global materials consultancy, Material Connexion, game-changing material sampling and logistics platform, Material Bank, and materials reclamation program, Sample Loop. SANDOW brands also include research and strategy firm, ThinkLab. In 2019, SANDOW was selected by the New York Economic Development Council of New York to become the official operator or NYCxDESIGN Week, beginning in 2020.