When launched in 2005, NewBeauty served a unique niche as the only magazine 100 percent dedicated to beauty and aesthetics. Since its inception, no other brand has done more to educate millions of women on how to make better beauty decisions. Created to fill a void where real, in-depth and trusted beauty information was nearly impossible to find, NewBeauty has grown into a leading powerhouse luxury brand that empowers women everywhere. NewBeauty delivers cutting-edge information and solutions in a range of options from the latest beauty products, treatments, and cosmetic enhancement procedures to advancements in health, wellness, diet, and fitness.
SANDOW is seeking an enthusiastic, hardworking, and extremely well-organized photo editor to join the NewBeauty team. The ideal candidate is an energetic self-starter who shows a sophisticated eye towards image selection and a strong visual point-of-view to help steer, produce and maintain the imagery of our beauty-centric brands. As an experienced member of the creative team, they should demonstrate good decision-making ability and be able to handle multiple tasks with little direction while prioritizing and managing their time efficiently.
The position works closely with various editorial, marketing and design teams to perform photo research, obtain cost estimates, manage photo budgets, and work with stock agencies and photographers to get hi-res files. There will be some management and negotiation of photo contracts; however, the most important attribute of the ideal candidate for this role is that they have a keen eye for beautiful images. This role requires an individual who is highly organized and has a strong attention to detail. A candidate having practiced disciplines of DAM and experience in assisting, shooting or managing in a photography environment is a plus.
- Uses a keen eye for visual aesthetic and imagination to edit and narrow down images for selects and the creation of contact sheets and catalogs with impeccable judgment towards image quality and narrative.
- Advise on photography concepts and references, including budgets and rights consideration, usage and licensing.
- Manage communications, fee and expense negotiations, creating detailed cost estimates, usage reports and ensuring adherence to photo budgets by individual shoots, as well as by issue.
- File organization and Asset Management of product photography and royalty-free images. Compile all supporting attribute information, supplied or observed, such as credits, captions for file meta-tagging and archival purposes.
- Selection and management of photo interns and any freelance photo-research help. Developing and maintaining strong relationships with top photographers, stylists, models, agencies and stock houses and identifying other sources for high-quality imagery.
- Producing photoshoots: casting and hiring talent, hiring and managing stylists and prop designers, securing locations and permits, orchestrating shoot logistics, selecting wardrobe, scouting, and all aspects of production.
- 4+ years of experience in the luxury realm.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with outside vendors.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Persistent and proactive with a do-what-it-takes mentality to achieve outcomes.
- Deadline-driven while also flexible enough to adjust to new opportunities as they arise.
SANDOW was founded by visionary entrepreneur, Adam Sandow, in 2003 with the goal of building a truly innovative media company that would reinvent the traditional publishing model. Today, SANDOW is a fully integrated solutions platform powering innovation for the design and luxury industries. Its diverse portfolio of design media and technology companies include Interior Design, Luxe Interiors + Design, Metropolis, Galerie, and NewBeauty. Materials Innovation brands include global materials consultancy, Material ConneXion, and game-changing material sampling, logistics and sustainability platform, Material Bank. SANDOW brands also include a research and strategy firm, ThinkLab. In 2019, SANDOW was selected by the New York Economic Development Corporation to become the official operator of NYCxDESIGN, beginning in 2020.