At SANDOW, we know the key to being the best is to hire the best. We’re looking for passionate, driven, committed talent to deliver exceptional performance.
Working for innovative, groundbreaking brands in an entrepreneurial environment requires a “do-what-it takes” mentality to get the job done. At SANDOW, there is always opportunity to shine and, in return, we reward stellar employees with competitive compensation, attractive perks, and the ability to take on new challenges - even if it’s outside your wheelhouse. If you’ve got the chops, we’ll take notice and provide the pathway to grow your career faster than you ever imagined possible.
Want to join us? Keep reading.
The Print Production Designer will report to the art director and work as part of the editorial art department to assist in the design of pages from start to completion as well as finalize layouts and upload them to the printer. He/she will work closely with the art director, designers and editors and communicate with the team on a regular basis regarding day-to-day priorities, upcoming deadlines and pending copy and image statuses.
- Handle communication between art directors, editors and retouchers, to ensure that all the elements of the layouts are accounted for and handled the proper way
- Flow copy for stories and work closely with editors/managing editors during the digital and paper proofing stages to make any necessary adjustments and corrections
- Pre-press all editorial pages and covers
- Prepress all editorial and cover files to meticulous, exact standards in accordance with style guides
- Upload and approve files with printer
- Support the art department in designing layouts for the magazine and brainstorming rough concepts in collaboration with the art directors and graphic designer
- Degree in Graphic Design or equivalent work experience
- 2-3 years experience in the publishing field, specifically in print production
- Have a thorough knowledge of prepress and the offset printing process
- Have a full working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Possess a complete understanding of digital image formats
Keys to Success:
- Have a laser focus and attention to detail
- Have the ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Be a problem solver and have the ability to learn and apply new industry specific technologies
- Work well independently as well as part of a team
- Interior design and architectural enthusiast a plus!
About Luxe Interiors + Design:
Published bi-monthly by SANDOW, a leader in building smart businesses driven by innovation and design, Luxe Interiors + Design (luxesource.com) is a high-end residential design and architecture magazine, and the uncompromised source for those with a passion for creating beautiful surroundings and living well. It leads readers to discover and acquire local and national resources for design, architecture and renovation. Curated for the affluent, sophisticated homeowner, Luxe Interiors + Design is the only luxury publication that offers access to the local design and architecture scene, while also covering national design news and trends. With a total distribution of 515,000 copies comprised of dedicated editions in top markets nationwide, Luxe Interiors + Design has established itself as the largest and fastest growing network of luxury home magazines in the U.S.