Interior Design Media is the global, industry-leading design publication, website and events company serving the interior design, architectural and facility management audiences. For over 80 years, Interior Design magazine—published by SANDOW, which builds smart businesses driven by innovation and design—has been the essential design authority for every professional, on all projects, throughout the design process. Interior Design Events connects the industry, promoting creative leadership, innovation and collaboration across a wide range of practice areas and platforms. Interior Design’s digital companion, interiordesign.net, is the go-to site for relevant and real-time content for the industry's largest and most engaged design audience.
Interior Design Media is looking for a NY-based Sales Representative to sell/prospect in the New York Tri-State area, reporting directly to the Publisher.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Present, promote and sell Interior Design products/services across all platforms to existing and prospective customers
- Perform needs analysis of existing/potential customers to help them use Interior Design products/services to solve their marketing/advertising challenges
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships in designated client territory
- Regularly identify and close new sales opportunities/clients from designated client territory
- Drive all aspects and stages of a sale including: qualifying the viability of potential sales, delivering presentations, contract negotiations, legal and procurement discussions and managing the sales process through to its close
- Manage a record of activity in company CRM
- Work with marketing and rev ops teams to support the day to day needs of clients
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule
- Attend industry, client and company events as needed
- 2-3 years of experience selling integrated programs that include print, digital and events.
- A track record of sales success, preferably selling both print and digital products
- Proven track record of managing a midsize geographic territory and building a pipeline of potential accounts
- Understanding how to communicate the value of products and services through proposals, presentations and phone calls
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Persistent and proactive with a do-what-it-takes mentality to achieve outcomes.
- Up to 30% travel required for this role
At SANDOW, we know the key to being the best is to hire the best. We’re looking for passionate, driven, committed talent to deliver exceptional performance.
Working for innovative, groundbreaking brands in an entrepreneurial environment requires a “do-what-it takes” mentality to get the job done. At SANDOW, there is always opportunity to shine, and in return, we reward stellar employees with competitive compensation, attractive perks, and the ability to take on new challenges - even if it’s outside your wheelhouse. If you’ve got the chops, we’ll take notice and provide the pathway to grow your career faster than you ever imagined possible.