Material Bank a new business unit within SANDOW, a leader in innovation and design, is setting out to change the way A&D specifiers get their work done. Using the platform, architects and designers can perform complex searches across hundreds of manufacturers in seconds. Samples can then be requested and delivered the next morning!
If being a part of building a game changing, new business within an established parent company excites you, take a look at what Material Bank has to offer.
The Senior Magento / PHP Full Stack Developer is a key role in the launch and growth of this new business and we are looking for someone with the right mix of experience, focus, and willingness to get the job done. If you are looking to get in on the ground floor and build on a great opportunity for growth, we have what you are looking for.
- Convert technical proofs into working software in a clear, concise and well documented fashion
- Build efficient, testable and reusable PHP modules, both standalone and extensions of Magento
- Solve complex performance and architectural challenges
- Integration of multiple complex databases
- Establish and follow coding standards and best practices for PHP based development
- Integration of user-facing and back end elements developed internally
- Collaborate and lead team based cross platform architectural and engineering projects
- Continuously analyze and optimize inefficiencies in existing systems
- Manage, lead, and effectively communicate deliverables with a team of in-house developers and external development teams.
- 2+ Years experience in Magento 2.x
- 6+ Years of experience with object-oriented languages: Java, C#, PHP
- 4+ Years of experience in e-commerce systems with focus on scalable distributed systems
- 4+ Years of experience developing complex integration between user-facing front end system and back end supporting applications
- Preferred working experience coding, using and designing REST and SOAP API’s
- Proven discipline following coding standards and best practices for PHP based development.
- Strong experience with code version control (GIT, bitbucket, JIRA)
About SANDOW: SANDOW was founded by visionary entrepreneur Adam Sandow in 2003 with the goal of building a truly innovative media company that would reinvent the traditional publishing model. Today, SANDOW is a fully integrated solutions platform that includes leading content, tools, and services, powering innovation for the design and beauty industries. Its diverse portfolio of media assets includes Interior Design, Luxe Interiors + Design, Galerie, and NewBeauty. Materials Innovation brands include global materials consultancy, Material Connexion, game-changing material sampling and logistics platform, Material Bank, and materials reclamation program, Sample Loop. SANDOW brands also include research and strategy firm, ThinkLab. In 2019, SANDOW was selected by the New York Economic Development Council of New York to become the official operator or NYCxDESIGN Week, beginning in 2020.