Material Bank, a division of SANDOW Media, is a disruptive technology and logistics company that helps designers and trade professionals source material, building, and architectural products. The platform provides users the ability to search through millions of products from leading brands and request samples all within a single site. As users’ source and make selections through Material Bank’s sophisticated tools, the platform connects them directly with the brands, ultimately driving their purchasing decisions.
When it comes to the nuts and bolts of what we have to offer, it’s simple. We have set out to revolutionize an industry. We are not focused on the same old e-comm optimization and we are not your standard Magento shop. Our engineering team is all about doing things no one has done before. Each and every day, we truly are setting the bar for what Magento is capable of. And, beyond our exceptional in-house team, we work with the “best-in-class” Magento partners out there.
Not sure yet? Check this out. We won best Magento B2B Innovation Solution in 2019. Learn more here: https://magento.com/case-studies/b2b-sales-material-bank
If you are looking to join a development team set on setting the bar and changing an industry, and if you love complex development initiatives that will help you grow as an engineer, there is simply no better place in South Florida.
The Senior Magento / PHP Full Stack Developer is a key role in the launch and growth of this new business and we are looking for someone with the right mix of experience, focus, and willingness to get the job done. If you are looking to get in on the ground floor and build on a great opportunity for growth, we have what you are looking for.
- Convert technical proofs into working software in a clear, concise and well-documented fashion
- Build efficient, testable and reusable PHP modules, both standalone and extensions of Magento
- Solve complex performance and architectural challenges
- Integration of multiple complex databases
- Establish and follow coding standards and best practices for PHP based development
- Integration of user-facing and back end elements developed internally
- Collaborate and lead team-based cross-platform architectural and engineering projects
- Continuously analyze and optimize inefficiencies in existing systems
- Manage, lead, and effectively communicate deliverables with a team of in-house developers and external development teams.
- 2+ Years experience in Magento 2.x
- 6+ Years of experience with object-oriented languages: Java, C#, PHP
- 4+ Years of experience in e-commerce systems with focus on scalable distributed systems
- 4+ Years of experience developing complex integration between user-facing front end system and back end supporting applications
- Preferred working experience coding, using and designing REST and SOAP API’s
- Proven discipline following coding standards and best practices for PHP based development.
- Strong experience with code version control (GIT, bitbucket, JIRA)
SANDOW was founded by visionary entrepreneur, Adam Sandow, in 2003 with the goal of building a truly innovative media company that would reinvent the traditional publishing model. Today, SANDOW is a fully integrated solutions platform powering innovation for the design and luxury industries. Its diverse portfolio of design media and technology companies include Interior Design, Luxe Interiors + Design, Metropolis, Galerie, and NewBeauty. Materials Innovation brands include global materials consultancy, Material ConneXion, and game-changing material sampling, logistics and sustainability platform, Material Bank. SANDOW brands also include a research and strategy firm, ThinkLab. In 2019, SANDOW was selected by the New York Economic Development Corporation to become the official operator of NYCxDESIGN, beginning in 2020.