Interior Design Media is recognized as the most trusted resource for design professionals, decision makers, and design enthusiasts. With powerful print, digital, awards, and events platforms, Interior Design covers the most innovative projects, products, and trends in the A+D industry – engaging a global audience of over 7M. More than a traditional media company, Interior Design connects the industry, promotes creative leadership, inspires innovation, and fosters collaboration.
The Site Director is responsible for overseeing, managing and optimizing the content of the main site as well as that of the newsletters, social and other affiliated digital initiatives.
- Leads web content strategy and tactics to increase engagement KPIs (UVs, PVs, return visits, content volume) and meet traffic goals and other defined results set for the brand
- Provide editorial direction and oversee day-to-day content production of site, including articles, galleries, and newsletters
- Work with social media manager (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest,etc.) to boost engagement, considering needs of edit and in support of sales and brand marketing
- Leverage data and measurement tools that track key online metrics for engagement and conduct ongoing usability tests across all platforms to gauge content effectiveness
- Work with print editorial staff on digital media skills and best content/SEO practices
- Maintain voice and vision of the brand across all content initiatives from site and social to newsletters
- Maintain the look/feel/functionality of the site, is consistent and follows best practices.
- Develop guidelines for ensuring consistent, useful, and relevant creation and maintenance of all content
- Implement SEO strategies throughout all content
- Work with sales & marketing teams to support digital initiatives and revenue producing programs effectively across all platforms
- Work to build content partnerships – both incoming for content generation and external for distribution and traffic
- Manage 3-4 person website team
- 5-7 years’ experience overseeing and growing a web site
- Experience working with marketing, development and production teams
- Knowledge of web analytics, social listening and tracking tools
- Familiar with SEO best practices
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills
- Interest in interior design desirable, but not a prerequisite
At SANDOW, we push the boundaries of creativity every day. Our mission is to build smart businesses—driven by innovation and design—that deliver powerful products, services and experiences to a highly selective audience. Our brands cater to everyone from the country’s most affluent individuals to beauty and fashion enthusiasts, from design experts to design devotees.
Whether it’s our beautifully produced magazines, our industry events and conferences or our materials library and consulting services, SANDOW informs, inspires and engages discerning consumers and businesses in design, beauty, fashion and luxury.