Material Bank, a division of SANDOW Media, is a disruptive technology and logistics company that helps designers and trade professionals with sourcing materials and architectural products. The platform provides users the ability to search through thousands of products from leading manufacturers and request samples all within a single site. As members source and make selections through Material Bank’s sophisticated tools, the platform connects them directly with manufacturers—ultimately driving their purchasing decisions.
Material Bank is excited to launch a new platform called Knowledge Bank, which will quickly grow into the most recognized and trusted material reference for A&D professionals. Knowledge Bank centers around a comprehensive collection of specialized terms and meanings that will serve as the go-to source of material knowledge for specifiers. The site will be extended to include engaging and relatable content in the form of articles and stories on topics such as use, installation, trends, and discoveries. Finally, Knowledge Bank users will be able to connect with manufacturers whose materials are referenced and supported within the overarching Material Bank platform.
The Knowledge Bank Writer & Site Editor will be responsible for the overall content strategy and maintenance of this new extension to the Material Bank platform. While there will be a group of team members contributing to Knowledge Bank, the Writer & Site Editor will ultimately be responsible for the creation, publication, and presentation of all content.
- Ensure high-quality content from both an accuracy and engagement standpoint
- Use CMS to curate, organize, and publish content as appropriate
- Make recommendations for content development
- Manage and coordinate content related workflows and assignments
- Contribute to writing and editing stories and articles
- Manage user comments, inquiries, and requests
- Make informed, data-driven decisions to help create valuable content
- Keen understanding of the A&D marketplace and product mix
- 3+ years in digital media, publishing, or related areas
- 2+ years experience with modern CMS tools
- Ability to edit your own work and the writing of others
- Sound editorial judgment
- Effectively communicates in both layman’s terms and industry-specific terminology
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism/related major (or cumulative work experience)
- Enjoys collaborating with others
SANDOW was founded by visionary entrepreneur, Adam Sandow, in 2003 with the goal of building a truly innovative media company that would reinvent the traditional publishing model. Today, SANDOW is a fully integrated solutions platform powering innovation for the design and luxury industries. Its diverse portfolio of design media and technology companies include Interior Design, Luxe Interiors + Design, Metropolis, Galerie, and NewBeauty. Materials Innovation brands include global materials consultancy, Material ConneXion, and game-changing material sampling, logistics and sustainability platform, Material Bank. SANDOW brands also include research and strategy firm, ThinkLab. In 2019, SANDOW was selected by the New York Economic Development Corporation to become the official operator of NYCxDESIGN, beginning in 2020.