Material Bank is a powerful new service in the architecture and design industry that gives design professionals access to millions of material samples from leading brands all on a single site. It is the fastest and most sustainable way to search and sample materials and is completely free.
We are rapidly growing and in need of a Social Media Manager to build Material Bank’s social presence from the ground up. We are looking for someone with an exceptional eye for design, is highly creative, and has a “do-what-it-takes” approach to get the job done. And, who is excited about joining a team that is changing an industry.
You will be responsible for conceptualizing, creating, and posting content on a daily basis. You should be comfortable owning tasks from conception all the way to testing and execution, as well as reporting results. Focusing primarily on Instagram and Pinterest, your success will be measured by audience growth, brand awareness and user engagement. The ideal candidate has established a track record and thrives in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Build and engage with targeted audience of architecture and interior design professionals
- Create, schedule and execute daily posts for social platforms (including, but not limited to Instagram, IG Stories, and Pinterest)
- Produce original and compelling content
- Manage weekly content calendar
- Track and analyze performance, providing regular reporting to effectively communicate results
- Research and keep up to date on industry trends, social media trends, tactics and competition
- Think creatively about ways in which we can increase brand awareness, optimize engagement and continually grow a targeted following on social media
- 2+ years in a professional social media related position; startup experience a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an ability to come up with big ideas and execute with an anything is possible attitude
- Expert knowledge of all things digital and social media (across multiple channels)
- Quick responder, ability to respond in real-time
- Strong creative skills (writing and photography)
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Able to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- A motivated, positive and proactive attitude
- Passion for design and innovation in all aspects of life
Material Bank is a SANDOW Company. SANDOW was founded by visionary entrepreneur Adam Sandow in 2003 with the goal of building a truly innovative media company that would reinvent the traditional publishing model. Today, SANDOW informs, inspires and engages highly selective audiences through its diverse portfolio of assets. In addition to Interior Design, Luxe Interiors + Design, Galerie, and NewBeauty media, SANDOW brands also include retailer, Fred Segal, global materials consultancy, Material Connexion, and game-changing material sampling platform, Material Bank.