Material Bank is a new business unit within SANDOW that is setting out to change the way A&D specifiers get their work done. Using the platform, architects and designers can perform complex searches across hundreds of manufacturers in seconds. Samples can then be requested and delivered the next morning!
If being a part of building a game changing, new business within an established parent company excites you, take a look at what Material Bank has to offer.
As Material Bank rapidly grows its engineering team, we are transitioning from a primarily manual testing and assessment process to a method that is highly automated and strategic in its approach. As such, the Software Quality Assurance Engineer will have the unique opportunity to help build our quality assurance function from the ground-up.
The Software Quality Assurance Engineer will develop and execute automated and exploratory tests, with the goal of debugging and approving product prior to launch. This individual will also play a role in helping to define feature enhancements and in creating technical specifications. We are looking for a true team player, who is willing to take on the challenge of helping to shape this function within Material Bank.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans
- Estimate, prioritize, and coordinate testing activities
- Perform pre-code release feature testing
- Perform continual automated regression testing
- Perform thorough testing and investigations when bugs are identified
- Provide timely and meaningful feedback to engineering and operating teams
- Track quality assurance metrics, such as defect densities and open defect counts
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of MySQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
At SANDOW, we push the boundaries of creativity every day. Our mission is to build smart businesses driven by innovation and designers that deliver powerful products, services and experiences to a highly selective audience. Our brands cater to everyone from the country's most affluent individuals to beauty and fashion enthusiasts, from design experts to design devotees.
Whether it's our beautifully produced magazines, our industry events and conferences or our materials library and consulting services, SANDOW informs, inspires and engages discerning consumers and businesses in design, beauty, fashion and luxury.