Interior Design is the global, industry-leading design brand, website and events company serving the interior design, architectural and facility management audiences. For over 80 years, Interior Design magazine—published by SANDOW, which builds smart businesses driven by innovation and design—has been the essential design authority for every professional, on all projects, throughout the design process. Interior Design Events connects the industry, promoting creative leadership, innovation and collaboration across a wide range of practice areas and platforms. Interior Design’s digital companion, interiordesign.net, is the go-to site for relevant and real-time content for the industry's largest and most engaged design audience.
- Present, promote and sell Interior Design products/services across all platforms to existing and prospective customers
- Perform needs analysis of existing/potential customers to help them use Interior Design products/services to solve their marketing/advertising challenges
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships in designated client territory
- Regularly identify and close new sales opportunities/clients from designated client territory
- Drive all aspects and stages of a sale including qualifying the viability of potential sales, delivering presentations, contract negotiations, legal and procurement discussions and managing the sales process through to its close
- Manage a record of activity in company CRM
- Work with marketing and rev ops teams to support the day to day needs of clients
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule
- Attend industry, client and company events as needed
- 5-7 years of experience selling integrated programs that include print, digital and events.
- A track record of sales success, preferably selling both print and digital products
- Proven track record of managing a midsize geographic territory and building a pipeline of potential accounts
- Understanding how to communicate the value of products and services through proposals, presentations and phone calls
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Persistent and proactive with a do-what-it-takes mentality to achieve outcomes.
- Up to 50% travel required for this role
SANDOW was founded by visionary entrepreneur Adam Sandow in 2003 with the goal of building a truly innovative media company that would reinvent the traditional publishing model. Today, SANDOW is a fully integrated solutions platform that includes leading content, tools, and services, powering innovation for the design and luxury industries. Its diverse portfolio of media assets includes Interior Design, Luxe Interiors + Design, Galerie, and NewBeauty. Materials Innovation brands include global materials consultancy, Material ConneXion, and game-changing material sampling, logistics and sustainability platform, Material Bank. SANDOW brands also include research and strategy firm, ThinkLab. In 2019, SANDOW was selected by the New York Economic Development Council of New York to become the official operator of NYCxDESIGN Week, beginning in 2020.