At SANDOW, we know the key to being the best is to hire the best. We are looking for passionate, driven, committed talent to deliver exceptional performance.
Working for innovative, groundbreaking brands in an entrepreneurial environment requires a what-it-takes mentality to get the job done. At SANDOW, there is always opportunity to shine and, in return, we reward stellar employees with competitive compensation, attractive perks, and the ability to take on new challenges - even if it is outside your wheelhouse. If you have got the chops, we'll take notice and provide the pathway to grow your career faster than you ever imagined possible.
Want to join us? Keep reading.
Material Bank is a new business unit within SANDOW that is setting out to change the way A&D specifiers get their work done. Using the platform, architects and designers can perform complex searches across hundreds of manufacturers in seconds. Samples can then be requested and delivered the next morning!
If being a part of building a game changing, new business within an established parent company excites you, take a look at what Material Bank has to offer.
Material Bank is seeking a Sustainability Research Specialist for our NYC office.
In this role, the Sustainability Research Specialist will be responsible for developing and maintaining a unique Material Bank point of view on environmental and health attributes for a database of architectural and interior design materials by appropriately balancing industry standards and user needs. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding and knowledge of U.S. and international sustainability standards within specific material categories such as textiles, wall coverings, flooring, etc.
- Evaluate and enter environmental and health attributes for each material during the material intake process
- Direct the ongoing life-cycle management of environmental and health attributes in the database by conducting regular database maintenance and normalization of data
- Remain ahead of the ever-evolving U.S. and international sustainability standards and adapt the Material Bank database to match this evolution
- Become a knowledge leader on sustainability standards practiced by the Architecture and Design community with continual research and communication with outside organizations
- 5-7 years working experience related to the design industry
- Have a current and comprehensive understanding of the design and materials industry
- Skilled in the art of visually inspecting materials and identifying key attributes, such as the brand and type of manufacturing
- Familiarity with material fabrication and finishing processes
- Strong understanding of material ingredients and their environmental and health impacts
- Knowledgeable in cross referencing hazardous chemical lists such as Red List and Mindful Materials
- Familiarity with certificates and standards including International Well Building Institute, NSF/ANSI Facts Certification, Cradle to Cradle, Greenguard, SCS Global Services, and the Living Building Challenge
- Capability of interpreting material attributes and qualities that contribute towards LEED points
- Ability to work quickly and accurately with an open and adaptable work ethic – flexible to changing priorities and deadlines
- Detail oriented and highly organized with digital mediums
- A passion for materials and love for the design industry
- LEED Green Associate or LEED AP is a plus
- Active participation in industry associations, attendance at trade shows, or other industry related organizations
At SANDOW, we push the boundaries of creativity every day. Our mission is to build smart businesses driven by innovation and designers that deliver powerful products, services and experiences to a highly selective audience. Our brands cater to everyone from the country's most affluent individuals to beauty and fashion enthusiasts, from design experts to design devotees.
Whether it's our beautifully produced magazines, our industry events and conferences or our materials library and consulting services, SANDOW informs, inspires and engages discerning consumers and businesses in design, beauty, fashion and luxury.