Material Bank, a division of SANDOW Media, is a disruptive technology and logistics company that helps designers and trade professionals source material, building, and architectural products. The platform provides users the ability to search through millions of products from leading brands and request samples all within a single site. As users’ source and make selections through Material Bank’s sophisticated tools, the platform connects them directly with the brands, ultimately driving their purchasing decisions.
We are looking for a Talent & Culture Director to design and implement strategies for talent acquisition, talent development, and employee engagement at Material Bank. Ultimately, you are a Director of getting things done from a people perspective.
The Talent & Culture Director will report to the COO of Material Bank and monitor the full recruitment practice from sourcing to hiring, onboarding and training procedures, and implement Material Bank culture initiatives from conceptualization to execution. The Talent & Culture Director will also manage a lead recruiter responsible for identifying high-potential candidates and driving Material Bank growth.
- Drive the growth of Material Bank through identifying qualified employees and achieving our business goals from a people perspective.
- Oversee and drive the activity of all recruitment, onboarding, training and development and engagement strategies for Material Bank employees.
- Develop and execute culture related events and initiatives to identify, create and maintain the culture of Material Bank.
- Develop, measure, track and drive key employee metrics including but not limited to interview volume, time to fill roles, employee retention and engagement.
- Act as a true business partner with hiring managers to determine a strategy for how Material Bank acquisition impacts its growth and culture.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience, most recently as a Talent & Culture Director, or similar role.
- Demonstrable experience managing full cycle recruiting, recruitment marketing strategy, developing and executing culture initiatives.
- Solid understanding of sourcing techniques, tools, and strategy.
- Hands-on experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATSs) and HR databases.
- Good team-management abilities.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to foster long-term relationships with internal teams, external partners and candidates.
- Degree in Human Resources Management or relevant field preferred.
SANDOW was founded by visionary entrepreneur, Adam Sandow, in 2003 with the goal of building a truly innovative media company that would reinvent the traditional publishing model. Today, SANDOW is a fully integrated solutions platform powering innovation for the design and luxury industries. Its diverse portfolio of design media and technology companies include Interior Design, Luxe Interiors + Design, Metropolis, Galerie, and NewBeauty. Materials Innovation brands include global materials consultancy, Material ConneXion, and game-changing material sampling, logistics and sustainability platform, Material Bank. SANDOW brands also include a research and strategy firm, ThinkLab. In 2019, SANDOW was selected by the New York Economic Development Corporation to become the official operator of NYCxDESIGN, beginning in 2020.