Material Bank, a division of SANDOW Media, is a disruptive technology and logistics company that helps designers and trade professional source material, building, and architectural products. The platform provides users the ability to search through millions of products from leading brands and request samples all within a single location. As users’ source and make selections through Material Bank’s sophisticated tools, the platform connects them directly with the brands, ultimately driving their purchasing decisions.
Material Bank is seeking an experienced, Team Lead to oversee its second shift team of hard-working and dedicated Material Handlers. The right candidate for this position must be a people person who is able to multitask and prioritize pressing matters while simultaneously providing clear direction. Effective communication and attention to detail are both essential skills, as this position will work alongside the management team to ensure achieving our goals and objectives are accomplished accurately and promptly.
- Oversee and provide direction to a team of Material Handlers
- Ensure the team operates at maximum efficiency and accuracy
- Assist with picking and packing orders with speed in accuracy, while maintaining/demonstrating composure in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Serve as the first point of contact for issues that may arise during an assigned shift
- Communicate updates, challenges, and any relevant information with the warehouse management team
- Evaluate, train, and assist in ongoing development of team members to ensure the teams overall success
- Analyze warehouse inventory and replenish as necessary
- 3+ years of experience working in distribution, supply chain, or a related field
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills and possess a high level of attention to detail
- Fast learning capabilities to perform complex and time sensitive tasks as needed
- Ability to work non-standard hours that are subject to change
- Persistent and proactive with a “can-do” attitude