Material Bank is a new business unit within SANDOW that is setting out to change the way A&D specifiers get their work done. Using the platform, architects and designers can perform complex searches across hundreds of manufacturers in seconds. Samples can then be requested and delivered the next morning!
If being a part of building a game changing, new business within an established parent company excites you, take a look at what Material Bank has to offer.
We're looking for an AWS centric Director of Technical Operations to ensure Material Bank’s technology solutions are established and maintained according to industry best practices. This individual will be versed in provisioning, standardizing, monitoring and security of the overall platform. Platform performance as compared to established bench marks will be a key measure of success. Additionally, a primary focus will be placed on supporting the growing needs of the in-house development team.
The ideal candidate has one or more AWS certifications and at least one professional certification and will report into the Senior Vice President of Software Engineering.
- Define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems on AWS
- Administer and provision infrastructure in AWS environment using automated scripts
- Standardize, automate and document setup of development, test, and production environments
- Standardize and monitor technical production environments
- Monitor connectivity across the Material Platform including third party connectivity
- Understand, implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation
- Collaborate with peers on work estimation/planning and implementation of new versions/features of tools
- Bring new automation technologies to improve the velocity and quality of our engineering efforts
- Familiarity with Agile and DevOps methodologies
- Five plus years’ experience provisioning, operating, and managing AWS environments
- Three plus years implementing and supporting security and performance monitoring solutions
- Understanding of deployment, management and operations related to Unix/Linux
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies
At SANDOW, we push the boundaries of creativity every day. Our mission is to build smart businesses driven by innovation and designers that deliver powerful products, services and experiences to a highly selective audience. Our brands cater to everyone from the country's most affluent individuals to beauty and fashion enthusiasts, from design experts to design devotees.
Whether it's our beautifully produced magazines, our industry events and conferences or our materials library and consulting services, SANDOW informs, inspires and engages discerning consumers and businesses in design, beauty, fashion and luxury.