NewBeauty is seeking a passionate preditor to work on digital video content specifically within the beauty vertical. The ideal candidate is a creative, resourceful person who can conceive and execute compelling short-form digital video content for our website and digital media platforms. This producer will be responsible for ideating, script writing, producing/directing and overseeing post-production on editorial, some branded and social video content. Proficiency in Adobe Premiere is a requirement for this role.
A successful candidate should bring strong story-telling skills, knowledge of best practices for digital and social video and distribution channels, and outstanding organization, time management and problem-solving skills. A strong worth ethic, ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, a positive attitude and ability to communicate efficiently with various stakeholders are musts.
- Ability to bring big ideas to brainstorm meetings. Pitching, developing and producing new franchises will be core to the job.
- Strong scriptwriting and storyboarding ability
- Ability to see a video through from ideation to completion, managing all parts of the process to ensure deadlines and expectations are met
- 2+ years producing and developing various types of digital video content including: viral videos, beauty tutorials, sponsored/branded content, documentary style pieces, entertainment and celeb content
- Researching capabilities
- Willing to stay late/ be on-call as needed
- Ability to make creative and visual decisions that encourage watch completion rate and sharing
- Ability to create and tailor optimized content for different digital platforms (Facebook vs YouTube vs Instagram)
- Wide network of freelance shooters, editors, on-air talent a plus
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop
- Experience with editing the follow types of content: luxury, lifestyle, tutorials, celebrity
- Knowledge of licensing
- Motion graphics experience a huge plus
Please provide links to 3 relevant samples of your work and in your cover letter, answer the following questions:
- What are the biggest trends you currently see in digital video?
- What do you consider your biggest strength?
- Please provide links to 3 videos on the Internet that best represent your style/aesthetic and describe why