Interior Design recognizes Top 100 Giants of Design.
Magazine releases comprehensive annual business survey of interior design industry.
NEW YORK, February 5, 2013 — Interior Design® magazine (http://www.interiordesign.net), the trusted resource for the interior design industry, has released the first installment of its annual two-part Giants of Design business survey, a look at overall industry changes and how the world’s largest design firms have performed over the past year. The Top 100 Giants, ranked according to reported annual fees from interiors projects, are featured in the January 2013 issue. Interior Design’s annual business survey is conducted each October with over 2,000 design firms from the U.S., Canada, Europe and Asia.
“The Giants list is the who’s who in the interior design industry,” said Interior Design Editor in Chief Cindy Allen. “Every year the top firms are eager to see who made the cut and who ranks on top of who. As a bonus, we also follow the firms rising in the ranks with July’s second 100 Giants. Together, they gauge how the industry is faring and heading, while celebrating the nation’s best and most innovative firms.”
The top 10 Giants for 2013 are:
- Gensler (San Francisco, http://www.gensler.com)
- Jacobs (Pasadena, http://www.jacobs.com)
- HOK (St. Louis, http://www.hok.com)
- Perkins-Will (Chicago, http://www.perkinswill.com)
- HBA/Hirsch Bedner Associates Design Consultants (Los Angeles, http://www.hbadesign.com)
- Cannon Design (Chicago, http://www.cannondesign.com)
- Leo A Laly (Omaha, http://www.leoadaly.com)
- Callison (Seattle, http://www.callison.com)
- Interior Architects (San Francisco, http://www.interiorarchitects.com)
- NBBJ (Seattle, http://www.nbbj.com)
From all indications in this year’s survey, the top design firms are in the best shape since the recession, as evidenced by the following results:
- Total top 100 giants’ interiors project earnings increased 7% to $2.6 million in 2012; the highest in 4 years.
- Current number of design staff (11,868) is exceeding the pre-recession 2008 level of 11,708.
- These top giants expect their total earnings from interiors projects to grow almost 4% to $2.7 billion.
- For the first time in Top Giants ranking history, we have the most firms (eight) based outside of the U.S. from Canada (three), Hong Kong (two), the United Kingdom, Singapore and Thailand.
For a full list of the top 100 Giants of Design, please visit interiordesign.net. Interior Design’s January issue is on newsstands now and is available digitally in the App Store.
About Interior Design® magazine
Interior Design® (interiordesign.net) is the global, industry-leading design publication, website, and events company serving the interior design, architectural, and facility management audiences. For 80 years, Interior Design has been the essential design authority for every professional, on all projects, throughout the design process. Its website has become the go-to site for relevant and real-time content for the industry’s largest and most engaged design audience. Launched in 2011, Interior Design Events connects the industry, promoting creative leadership, innovation, and collaboration across a wide range of practice areas and platforms. Interior Design is published by SANDOW, a leader in multiplatform brands that meet at the intersection of luxury and design.