The magazine’s third annual awards recognize the beauty industry’s most innovative products.
NEW YORK, January 9, 2013 – NewBeauty® magazine (newbeauty.com), the definitive authority on all things beauty, today announced the winners of its third annual Beauty Choice Awards. Vetted by experts, editors, and readers, the nearly 100 selected products—ranging from categories such as skin and anti-aging to hair and makeup—are listed in the magazine’s Winter 2013 issue, which is available on newsstands now.
In addition to recognizing the industry’s best breakthrough and classic products, the Beauty Choice Awards deliver tailored beauty concern solutions, educating readers on which products will best address their specific needs. This year, NewBeauty editors included a detailed key that denotes what makes each product unique. For instance, any reader can easily determine whether the product they’re reading about is natural/organic, provides sun protection, or was a past winner, thanks to an accompanying icon.
“We test thousands of products a year at NewBeauty and work closely with an expert advisory board who really knows what stands out above the rest—from standby classics to new innovations,” said Yolanda Yoh Bucher, editor-in-chief of NewBeauty. “As awards can often be overwhelming, we diversified our categories this year and got super-specific when it comes to what each product actually delivers, in order to create a truly informative experience for our readers.”
A selection of winners include:
- The Best Spa Body Cream: Bliss Lemon + Sage Body Butter Maximum Moisture Cream — This fabulously scented body butter conditions and hydrates.
- The Best Frizz Fighter: Moroccanoil Frizz Control — A serious anti-frizz serum that doesn’t weigh hair down or leave behind any residue.
- The Best Tinted Moisturizer: Estée Lauder DayWear Anti-Oxidant BB Crème SPF 35 — Packed with SPF, antioxidants and a blend of balancing hydrators, this lightweight, oil-free moisturizer of sorts offers sheer coverage.
- The Best Waterproof Mascara: Lancôme Hypnôse Waterproof Mascara: Thin lashes don’t stand a chance against this thickening and curling mascara.
- The Best Daytime Moisturizer: Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Normal — You expect more from your moisturizer than just hydration. This cream promotes healthy skin and protects it with antioxidants and vitamins.
- The Best Dry Shampoo: Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo — This instant hair-refresher allows you to cut down on styling time and makes your hair look as good as it did the day before (sans water).
- The Best Anti-Aging Cleanser: RoC Max Resurfacing Facial Cleanser — Like a “clean slate for the rest of your skin-care regimen,” this makes your skin cleaner, softer, and healthier.
- The Best Under-Eye Cream: Dr. Brandt Dark Circles Away — Works wonders to reduce darkness in the under-eye area and leaves skin feeling smooth.
- The Best On-The-Go Whitener: GO SMiLE Touch Up Smile Perfecting Ampoules — Like the instructions say: flip, pop, touch up. It protects teeth and keeps them looking white.
NewBeauty® magazine (newbeauty.com) is the definitive authority on all things beauty. Published by SANDOW® (sandow.com), a leader in building multiplatform brands that meet at the intersection of luxury and design, each issue of NewBeauty gives readers an in-depth look at the beauty industry’s latest products, cutting-edge innovations and breakthrough technologies. Whether it’s the latest high-powered skin care or in-office procedure, NewBeauty educates readers on the latest options for skin, face, hair, body, well-being and smile. The magazine’s comprehensive approach to its topics continues to solidify its reputation as the industry’s leading scientifically accurate, expert-driven and ethically balanced beauty resource. NewBeauty’s brand extensions include product sampling service TestTube™ (testtube.newbeauty.com), which delivers exclusive products to readers’ doors every three months, and NewBeauty at Fred Segal, an interactive retail store at the legendary Los Angeles retailer’s Santa Monica location.