The special edition focuses on the health and wellness lifestyle.
NEW YORK, January 15, 2013 – NewBeauty® magazine (newbeauty.com), the definitive authority on all things beauty, today unveiled its first-ever Spa+ edition. On newsstands now until May 2013, the publication demystifies and simplifies the well-balanced spa lifestyle with a series of in-depth features covering fitness, beauty, nutrition, holistic practices, top wellness destinations and more.
“No other magazine out there is completely dedicated to the overall spa and wellness experience, and we saw a need in the market for this kind of information,” said Yolanda Yoh Bucher, editor-in-chief of NewBeauty. “We named this special issue Spa+ because a healthy lifestyle can be integrated into anyone’s life, not just those with the time and resources to do yoga every day or visit extravagant spas on a regular basis. The magazine is filled with easy-to-follow advice on how to achieve external and internal wellness and beauty.”
A selection of features include:
- Cover star, actress, and mother Jennie Garth shares the products she can’t live without, her go-to stress busters and the fitness and diet secrets behind her enviable body, which she loves even more at 40 than 20.
- Unique Spaces — From exotic and chic to ultramodern and surreal, these spas are redefining indulgence and relaxation with spaces that embody the treatments that take place in them.
- The Natural Power of Mineral Makeup — Known as being sensitive skin-friendly, mineral makeup has garnered millions of fans all over the world, and has proven through its exploding sales that it is no longer just a healthy lifestyle trend, but a mainstream beauty standard that is here to stay.
- Total Immersion: Wellness Destinations — From toning to mending a broken heart, these truly holistic experience getaways have the power to transform you from the inside out—and kick start your life change.
- A Fresh Food Revolution: Farm-to-Table — In addition to putting money back into your local community, eating locally and patronizing restaurants that source locally has plenty of nutritional benefits. Here, a guide to those advantages, the difference between organic vs. local foods, what produce is fresh during each season and which spas have farm fresh philosophies.
Learn more in NewBeauty Spa+, available now on newsstands. Readers can also watch exclusive videos and access additional editorial—including valuable tips and information from the experts—in the NewBeauty Spa+ digital edition, available now in the App Store. For more NewBeauty video content, head to NewBeauty Live (newbeauty.com/videos), which is filmed in the magazine’s interactive retail store, NewBeauty at Fred Segal.
NewBeauty® magazine (newbeauty.com) is the definitive authority on all things beauty. Published by SANDOW® (sandow.com), a leader in building multiplatform brands that meet at the intersection of luxury and design, each issue of NewBeauty gives readers an in-depth look at the beauty industry’s latest products, cutting-edge innovations and breakthrough technologies. Whether it’s the latest high-powered skin care or in-office procedure, NewBeauty educates readers on the latest options for skin, face, hair, body, well-being and smile. The magazine’s comprehensive approach to its topics continues to solidify its reputation as the industry’s leading scientifically accurate, expert-driven and ethically balanced beauty resource. NewBeauty’s brand extensions include product sampling service TestTube™ (testtube.newbeauty.com), which delivers exclusive products to readers’ doors every three months, and NewBeauty at Fred Segal, an interactive retail store at the legendary Los Angeles retailer’s Santa Monica location.