List reveals the most acclaimed and recognized eateries across the country.
NEW YORK, February 10, 2014 — Worth magazine (http://www.worth.com), the definitive wealth management and lifestyle magazine for high net worth readers, has unveiled its elite “10 Top Iconic American Restaurants” list, as featured in its February-March 2014 issue, available now on newsstands. The compilation identifies 10 restaurants that have excelled for at least 25 years, and lessons other businesses can learn from their success.
The Worth editorial team selected these restaurants based on reputation and influence. Featured locations are:
- Canlis, Seattle, WA (http://www.canlis.com): Canlis offers stunning views of the Seattle area and cuisine based on innovative use of ingredients from the Pacific Northwest.
- Chez Panisse, Berkeley, CA (http://www.chezpanisse.com/): Known for using strictly organic, locally grown foods, this restaurant’s main mission, says founder Alice Waters, is to feed people ideas.
- Hugo’s, Portland, ME (http://www.hugos.net): A nationally acclaimed culinary destination known for New England-style dishes with a refined approach.
- La Grenouille, New York, NY (http://www.la-grenouille.com): This elegant jewel-box of a restaurant serves classic French cuisine and spontaneous creations in a glowing setting that many consider a home away from home.
- Le Bernardin, New York, NY (http://www.le-bernardin.com): Le Bernardin has been a Manhattan fixture since 1986, and has received more James Beard Awards than any other restaurant in New York City.
- Le Cirque, New York, NY (http://www.lecirque.com): Rarely changing its offerings, this 16,000 square-foot establishment draws clientele who appreciate its consistent standard of excellence.
- L’Espalier, Boston, MA (http://www.lespalier.com): Head chef Frank McClelland prioritizes developing talent within the next generation of cooks, servers and management, ensuring fresh ideas.
- Spago, Beverly Hills, CA (http://www.wolfgangpuck.com/restaurants/fine-dining/3635): Using French techniques, fresh ingredients and an Asian aesthetic, Spago is not just a great restaurant, it’s a great entertainment.
- The French Laundry, Yountville, CA (http://www.frenchlaundry.com): An elaborate tasting-menu-only format, a reliance on local artisanal farmers and a long list of signature dishes make this one of the country’s most influential restaurants.
- The Inn at Little Washington, Washington, VA (http://www.theinnatlittlewashington.com): With a 14,000-bottle wine cellar but just 30 tables, The Inn at Little Washington is renowned for its local food and wine programs.
For more information on Worth’s “10 Top Iconic American Restaurants” list, check out worth.com or the current issue of Worth, available on newsstands and digitally in the App Store.
Worth (http://www.worth.com), published by SANDOW (http://www.sandow.com), addresses the relevant financial, legal and lifestyle issues unique to high net worth individuals. With stories ranging from dynamic wealth creators to expert advice on wealth management, the magazine is organized into three sections: ‘Make’ focuses on wealth creation and entrepreneurship; ‘Grow’ centers on wealth management and investing; ‘Live’ highlights philanthropy, lifestyle and passion investing; and ‘Curator’ covers luxury products, services and experiences. Worth is mailed six times a year to individuals listed on a proprietary database of high net worth households in major markets. The magazine is also available on a limited basis at select newsstands, with a cover price of $18.95, and via SANDOW’s exclusive network of newsstands at leading private airports nationwide.